House Price Crash Forum

Its The Dumpster Apartment

HOLA441

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2387619/Gregory-Kloehn-California-designer-turns-DUMPSTER-into-Brooklyn-getaway-complete-toilet-stove-sun-deck.html

article-2387619-1B35A69B000005DC-18_634x416.jpg

A California designer has turned a $2,000 dumpster into a fully functional home, complete with a bathroom, bed, kitchen and sun deck.

Gregory Kloehn converted the dumpster in Brooklyn off of a hunch, and now he uses it whenever he stays in New York.

'It just hit me,' he said on HGTV's show, 'You Live in What?' 'I thought hey, this is the perfect shape for a home.'

And I'm sure in the UK there would be plenty of BTL potential. We can't have the plebs owing their own dumpsters and putting them just anywhere.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

I note that some of the (cleverly allocated) very limited storage space, on the inside of the 'front door', was being used solely for storing booze!

I guess living in that you would want (need?) to drink yourself to sleep everynight!?

I noticed that. Think the builder is a bit of a boozer. Oh well you have to get your priorities right.

Noticed the dumpster lacked insulation, so it would be deeply unpleasant to sleep in, akin to sleeping in a car or van overnight. You really need some of that foam/foil backed insulation stuff, which they use inside canal boats and similar.

HOLA445

They might be offering shared ownership deals on these a few years.

"An exciting opportunity to purchase a 25% share in this fully fitted dumpster, situated in the desireable conservation area to the rear of one of a famous chain of fast food restaurants. Help to Buy Available."

"Business owners complain for lack of waste disposal services and Romanians stealing dustbins. Local industry leaders appeal for government help."

"Local Councillor, There needs to tighter regulation on bin ownership! We can't just have people putting dustbins, dumpsters, and wheely bins where ever they feel like!".

Edited by GradualCringe