House Price Crash Forum

Daily Mail: Estate Agents Shame Tenants

HOLA441
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
Fair enough I say - if they can't afford to pay what they agreed then they deserve something worse than this IMO.

If they couldn't afford it they should have never taken it on, it's no different to taking out a big mortgage in that respect.

Hear, hear. I'm all in favour of a rolling digital sign saying things like "This bloke hasn't paid his mortgage for two months because he got cancer and couldn't go to work because he was shitting blood and was fired. Mock him."

The monetary system is set up for a mathematically large number of people to fail.

I hope you're one, you sanctimonious ****.

HOLA442

Legal issues aside, this smacks of desperation. If they've already served eviction notices, what's the point? (unless of course your business plan has not allowed for a certain number of non-payers...)

I suppose to get round the legal issues they might be able to put up a sign saying something like 'Property to become vacant under section 21' or something but then most people wouldn't have a clue what that meant.

HOLA443
HOLA444
article-1071269-02ED781800000578-593_468x350.jpg

When the Landless Peasants revolt, they might see fit to make the ex-BTL landlords wear a special identifying symbol in public.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10...side-homes.html

Wow! I can't think of what that estate agent's shop is going to look like soon when retaliation comes. The cheek of these guys, considering they caused these rent rises.

Unbelievable. I hope EA windows have reinforced windows.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
Fair enough I say - if they can't afford to pay what they agreed then they deserve something worse than this IMO.

If they couldn't afford it they should have never taken it on, it's no different to taking out a big mortgage in that respect.

What if they took it on when they were employed and then lost their job due to a long term illness (cancer is pretty common), and ran out of money and had their savings lost in the icesave debacle.

Sorry us colonials don't want anymore of your poor, so you can't just transport them, and stealing a steak is no longer a hanging offence.

HOLA448

You have to be careful doing that, especially in Liverpool. There are many cases where letting agents are too frightened to push for overdue rent, usually when the tenant is a known gangland boss with access to firearms.

I'd say that an estate agent finding one of those signs rammed right up his jacksie, would have gotten off very lightly! Do that to the wrong tennant and you might find an Ingram Mach 10 in your face when you come down off the ladder.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

They had a property lawyer on the news today (might have been north west local news on bbc1) and he said it was wrong that there are lots of reasons in law why not to use this method and that they should be using the proper methods of court etc.