kool4caats

HOLA441
  • Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
Thanks Mike. That's my sense too. For these houses, the market peaked around 2005/6 and then stayed flat until the dowturn in mid-2007. It's a pity, at around �1.8MM I might have been interested! However, there is no way that anyone would take an �800K loss on a 2004 price!! I'll just have to wait a year or two longer... Thanks for the feedback.

Hi Dragon. Munstead Oaks Has now been sold for 2.495,000, Maybe under, ask mildura, It seemed a lovely house though... Do you think you know when it should come back on the market? I was quite interested in making an offer, but then it got sold..

HOLA444

anyone else noticed the change of agents on a fair few houses, without sellling.

this was on with G-Pees over a year ago at 325k!!! Didn't sell, back on the market with Callards at 225k. No sale.

Back on with G-Pees at 235k. Mad!! There's at least 3 other that have done this in the last month.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...00%26index%3D10

HOLA445
anyone else noticed the change of agents on a fair few houses, without sellling.

this was on with G-Pees over a year ago at 325k!!! Didn't sell, back on the market with Callards at 225k. No sale.

Back on with G-Pees at 235k. Mad!! There's at least 3 other that have done this in the last month.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...00%26index%3D10

Agents are also taking down the old adverts which clears out propertybee (to best of my knowledge). Some places have been up for ages... 2 bed flat, 2 expensive has been up for at least a year, maybe even 18 months but shows up on my 'added in last 24hrs' search today.

HOLA446
Hi Dragon. Munstead Oaks Has now been sold for 2.495,000, Maybe under, ask mildura, It seemed a lovely house though... Do you think you know when it should come back on the market? I was quite interested in making an offer, but then it got sold..

Housesguyy, unfortunately I don't have any special knowledge of the house. I am interested in similar houses, but am living overseas and am not ready to bite quite yet (I expect to buy around the end of next year). My own view was that Munstead Oaks was worth around the £2 million mark (and I might have been interested now at just under this figure). I have no idea of the buyers' plans but I would suggest that anyone buying in the current market, at this price level, is almost certainly a long-term owner(?). Cheers, Dragon

• 3 weeks later...
HOLA447
HOLA448
Having monitored those properties coming onto the market recent the quality seems to have dried up, with prices remaining flat. Those that have come on don't leap out and I wonder how long they'll stay up before cuts and then being kept optimistically high.

Any thoughts?

no-one did anything in august apart from the 'must-sell' brigade. There are a few in the works (HIPS being done) that are on their way - I'm expecting something of a flood in the next 6 weeks or so.

HOLA449
Housesguyy, unfortunately I don't have any special knowledge of the house. I am interested in similar houses, but am living overseas and am not ready to bite quite yet (I expect to buy around the end of next year). My own view was that Munstead Oaks was worth around the £2 million mark (and I might have been interested now at just under this figure). I have no idea of the buyers' plans but I would suggest that anyone buying in the current market, at this price level, is almost certainly a long-term owner(?). Cheers, Dragon

Yes, Cheers Dragon. I saw it the other day while I was driving past Winkworth Arboretum.

I wonder what led to a 200k loss though. Surely the owners would sell for a 200k profit in 1/2 years.

I don't know.

It's quite lovely though, i would be interested at any figure under £3000000, I really wish I got that house :P

Thanks.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

There is no HPC in Guildford! Guildford is still crazy.

A house I am interested has 2 offers on it only a couple of days after hitting the market, plus a handfull of viewings arranged for today (Thursday) and with the weekend to come, god knows how many offers will be in on the place by Tuesday.

HOLA4416

There is no HPC in Guildford! Guildford is still crazy.

A house I am interested has 2 offers on it only a couple of days after hitting the market, plus a handfull of viewings arranged for today (Thursday) and with the weekend to come, god knows how many offers will be in on the place by Tuesday.

You're not wrong. There are a couple of reasons for this.

Most people moving will need a new mortgage, which will likely be far higher than what they're paying now.

Those that are marketing for sale, have about 8 buyers for each house. Its a feeding frenzy out there at the moment. Decent properties, correctly priced are moving.

Those that are thinking of moving are looking at what's available and seeing nothing worth moving up to (or down to) aren't bothering to market.

Valuations are taking place but potential vendors aren't liking the estate agents valuations and deciding not to move.

Most things on for sale are the Debt, Divorce, Dementia and Death. The others are ' moving for work' sort. There are no sellers in the 'aspirational' / 'lifestyle' market at the moment.

HOLA4417

You're not wrong. There are a couple of reasons for this.

Most people moving will need a new mortgage, which will likely be far higher than what they're paying now.

Those that are marketing for sale, have about 8 buyers for each house. Its a feeding frenzy out there at the moment. Decent properties, correctly priced are moving.

Those that are thinking of moving are looking at what's available and seeing nothing worth moving up to (or down to) aren't bothering to market.

Valuations are taking place but potential vendors aren't liking the estate agents valuations and deciding not to move.

Most things on for sale are the Debt, Divorce, Dementia and Death. The others are ' moving for work' sort. There are no sellers in the 'aspirational' / 'lifestyle' market at the moment.

You can take advantages of the millions priced houses and offer 200k less because the market is unstable there.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
  • 3 weeks later...
HOLA4420
  • 3 weeks later...
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Anything happening?

This is under offer again

Eagle Road

I wonder if it will go through this time...?

Very little decent stock coming to the market, consequently some very high prices are being achieved, particularly in the £1m+ range. In many cases sales prices are at or above the 2007 peak level, which has taken many by surprise.

Not expecting much to happen for the rest of the year, seems to have quietened down earlier than usual.

Have you been looking at much?

HOLA4423

looking for first home. Offered on one, got outbid, sale fell through offered again, waiting for an answer.

I'm looking at distinctly the other end of the market from £1m+ though. there are a few out there that are right at the edge of my budget, but they are prooving popular and going for more than they should do. Asking prices and selling prices (those that complete) are very different though.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

I need someone to explain this to me:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-21230678.html?pageNumber=14&fromSummary=true&backToListURL=%2Fproperty-for-sale%2FGuildford.html%3Findex%3D130

versus

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-26393111.html?pageNumber=17&fromSummary=true&backToListURL=%2Fproperty-for-sale%2FGuildford.html%3Findex%3D160

Both are semis, one has 5 bedrooms the other has one bedroom. Its the one bed that looks out of kilter to me.

Ok one is in an ex council estate, but the other is still in an estate of sorts.

Edited by mikelivingstone