House Price Crash Forum

Kent And Se Shrugs Off Crash

HOLA441

I got some marketing mail recently, and if you believe them, it would seem that all is still fine and well in Kent ;)

Anyone like to comment? - Should I put down a deposit? :P

http://www.countryside-properties.com/news...o/377839/691365

People are still getting mortgages and buying houses, despite media reports of challenging times for the property industry. Adam Stratford, 28, was not deterred by concerns about the housing market and recently bought his second property, a two bedroom house at Countryside Maritime’s development, Ventura Riverside at St. Mary’s Island, Chatham, Kent.

Adam, a Navigator in the Merchant Navy, comments: “I decided that I would get myself in a position so that I could move quickly if I did find something suitable, so I decided to sell my flat and move in with my parents while I looked for a new home.”

“At St. Mary’s Island I was amazed at how much more I could get for my money on the Island than in Bromley, where I had been looking. I put down a deposit on a two bedroom house the day I visited and moved in less than one month later. The whole process was really easy from start to finish. I didn’t know anyone living here when I moved but it has proved to be a really friendly place to live and there’s a great community feel here.

Edited by jcpricewatcher

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
I got some marketing mail recently, and if you believe them, it would seem that all is still fine and well in Kent ;)

Anyone like to comment? - Should I put down a deposit? :P

http://www.countryside-properties.com/news...o/377839/691365

That article is complete and utter ********! :lol:. Ulterior Motives? ;) Did you see that New Statesman article? You'd be crazy to buy a property right now, as you could pay 50% less in a few years from now! Also, look at this article: LINK

Traders predict house prices will fall by 50% in four years

· Investments based on property 'fall off a cliff'

· Job losses hit estate agents and mortgage firms

If you want to lose tens of thousands of pounds then put down a deposit. I'd wait at least six months, to see how rapid the descent becomes!

Edited by Home_To_Roost

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
That article is complete and utter ********! :lol:. Ulterior Motives? ;) Did you see that New Statesman article? You'd be crazy to buy a property right now, as you could pay 50% less in a few years from now!...

If you want to lose tens of thousands of pounds then put down a deposit. I'd wait at least six months, to see how rapid the descent becomes!

:lol:

Somehow, I doubt I'll be buying a place until the rate of price decreases flattens (for at least a while!). Even then, will have to see how circumstances are at the time and future outlook. Also, will have to think hard whether kent is a good for my personal circumstances or not too!

I also like they way the say 95% of the properties are built on Brownfield sites, so they are being eco friendly by recycling land :lol::lol:

Bit shocking to hear about not being able to grow food on brownfield land for 150 years... Hopefully our civilisation/economy will not be landing us back into subsistence farming just yet...