House Price Crash Forum

Lloyds 6.5% Fixed Rate Cash Isa Update

HOLA441
Guest The_Oldie

I received a statement from NS&I today showing a transfer out of all funds on 7th May. It will be interesting to see when the money arrives in my Lloyds ISA.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
I received a statement from NS&I today showing a transfer out of all funds on 7th May. It will be interesting to see when the money arrives in my Lloyds ISA.

I wnet to see the branch manager instead of writing. Having sat on my money for over two weeks, it appeared in my account the next day. Perhaps the gentle reminder that I hadn't deposited this year's allowance yet, and didn't intend to while my original transfer was missing, helped. Of course they're not getting this year's allowance as I intend to use it to open the most competitive account at the end of this financial year.

On a side note, despite being promised that the interest would be backdated until the date that they recieved the money (late April), the credit to my account was not backdated. I guess that I will have to check the interest calculated when it is credited. I doubt that they will manually correct the interest for everyone's accounts automatically, preferring to hope that people will not notice any errors. Yes, I'm a cycnic!

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA443

I have a Lloyds TSB ISA, but I have to start from scratch again. This is terrible, as the rate under £3.6k is something like 3.75%. Now I've been with Lloyds a long time and no real problems, so don't really know if it's worth opening a new one.

As I said in a previous topic.... I'm not sure whether to start paying off my £14.5k student debt.... or start putting £3.6k into an ISA each year. The interest on my debt is currently £60/month (roughly 4.8% per annum)

HOLA444
I have a Lloyds TSB ISA, but I have to start from scratch again. This is terrible, as the rate under £3.6k is something like 3.75%. Now I've been with Lloyds a long time and no real problems, so don't really know if it's worth opening a new one.

As I said in a previous topic.... I'm not sure whether to start paying off my £14.5k student debt.... or start putting £3.6k into an ISA each year. The interest on my debt is currently £60/month (roughly 4.8% per annum)

I've had a very mixed experience with the Lloyds ISA. The missus' ISA took about a month to open and transfer-in the money (NS&I were very quick, Lloyds took ages) As for mine: they're STILL sitting on my bloody money - almost two months after opening the account. Only got the letter this week from Lloyds that they're going sent a request to NS&I to transfer to my previous ISA. Absolutely dire and I'm going to be doing some top class complaining come Friday.

Dellboypass I take back what I said previously about Lloyds TSB, seems you were quite right to have a rant.

Edit: Oh and thomasross20 I'd leave the student loan alone. 4.8% is an anomoly, just a bit of bad luck. From September 2008 it'll be down to 3.8%. And after that? Crystal balls all round. But you can be pretty sure there'll be ways to save more money than you'd get by making early repayments on your student loan.

Edited by christhpc

HOLA445
I've had a very mixed experience with the Lloyds ISA. The missus' ISA took about a month to open and transfer-in the money (NS&I were very quick, Lloyds took ages) As for mine: they're STILL sitting on my bloody money - almost two months after opening the account. Only got the letter this week from Lloyds that they're going sent a request to NS&I to transfer to my previous ISA. Absolutely dire and I'm going to be doing some top class complaining come Friday.

Dellboypass I take back what I said previously about Lloyds TSB, seems you were quite right to have a rant.

Same here, missus' ISA from NS&I took under 30 days.

But I am going nuts with them, but to be fair, it's partly been B&B's fault as well:

- 29 March, go into LTSB branch to get transfer started.

- 10th April, get letter from LTSB that they have requested transfer.

- 9th May, ask B&B what they are up to? "We received the request on the 30th of April" (Bloody liars)

- 14th May, B&B write to tell me they have send the money to LTSB.

- Today 29th May, LTSB account balance: NIL.

I really wish they sent all friggin mail recorded, then there would be none of this crap about Royal mail taking 2 weeks to deliver letters.