House Price Crash Forum

Bumped Into Kirsty Allsop

HOLA441

Yep it was a strange day yesterday.Had just been discussing Krusty on the Manchester to Euston train with a fellow passenger about her impact on the present bull run.Well talk of the devil on walking to the City via Holborn I crashed straight into one of her shoots.A choreographed scene of a couple opening a white van with Krusty in attendance.May be I should take this as a sign and join the bulls,just bumping into their Patron Saint like that minutes after talking about her.

Edited by crashmonitor

HOLA442
HOLA443
Perhaps the white van was their first property they were viewing - a white campervan? :lol:

Could be,the weird thing was the van was empty.Or maybe the van was just a prop,supposedly moving into their Holborn pad Krusty had found for them.D

on't have a telly,so don't know if Holborn featured in an earlier series.

Edited by crashmonitor

HOLA444
Could be,the weird thing was the van was empty.Or may be the van was just a prop,supposedly moving into their Holborn pad Krusty had found for them.D

on't have a telly,so don't know if Holborn featured in an earlier series.

Right, this is a risky question... but why is Kirsty getting so much flak? Aren't her shows more about finding people their dream home (and what's wrong with that) as opposed to doing up houses to flip? Not trying to start an argument, just genuinely puzzled!

HOLA445
Right, this is a risky question... but why is Kirsty getting so much flak? Aren't her shows more about finding people their dream home (and what's wrong with that) as opposed to doing up houses to flip? Not trying to start an argument, just genuinely puzzled!

She is the patron saint of ramping up the market. That's what. That she's lived in a 1-bed since the late 80s - you couldn't make it up. Oh, and she didn;t buy it. Daddy did. She's from very old City money.

HOLA446
She is the patron saint of ramping up the market. That's what. That she's lived in a 1-bed since the late 80s - you couldn't make it up. Oh, and she didn;t buy it. Daddy did. She's from very old City money.

Thanks, but - how is she ramping it up, is what I'm asking? Genuine question - my point is I've only seen her on programmes showing people homes they might want to actually live in, and talking about changes you could make to said home to make it better for you to live in. And she's a background in working in homes-type magazines, and interior design, so clearly loves houses. So what am I missing on the ramping?

HOLA447
Thanks, but - how is she ramping it up, is what I'm asking? Genuine question - my point is I've only seen her on programmes showing people homes they might want to actually live in, and talking about changes you could make to said home to make it better for you to live in. And she's a background in working in homes-type magazines, and interior design, so clearly loves houses. So what am I missing on the ramping?

by telling people that the house they are looking at (which is 40% overpriced) is acceptable and excellent value, when it is not.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
by telling people that the house they are looking at (which is 40% overpriced) is acceptable and excellent value, when it is not.

...gotcha. To me that's just reporting on the current state of the market, as in 'good value compared to other similar properties for this area with price levels as they are', etc. - but I can see where you're coming from - if you're not part of the problem, etc.

Ta for the clarification! :)

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Guest anorthosite

The last ever series of Location... will be car crash TV. It'll be filmed before the crash, but broadcast just as the poo hits the fan.