House Price Crash Forum

Consumer Debt Your Comments

sambino

HOLA441

What everyone forgets is their mad rush to blame these gullible fools is that our whole economy is built on their lies and the financial institutions lax attitude to borrowing. Much like drug dealers, banks try to get people hooked on easy credit early in life. Our Government also positively encourages this attitude as without reckless debt we would now be in the mother of all depressions.

Our financial juggling act simply means that the day of reckoning is postponed. It will happen, and it will effect everyone, including all you sensible saver types. Expect your savings to be devalued and your job to dissappear. And "no" the Government won't be able to bale you out as they have managed the countries finances as badly as some of the schmoo's featured on the BBc website.

We live in a debt based financial system, no debt means no money, no money means to transact, no means to transact means a depression, just like in 1929. The whole system is set up to suck the real wealth from the economy and pass it to the people who merely produce the means to transact, namely the banks.

It won't be the banks who will pay for this debacle, it will be you and me.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Our Government also positively encourages this attitude as without reckless debt we would now be in the mother of all depressions.

The economy for the last ten years has been propped up with debt. The UK population is financially ignorant. We are as a nation in debt up to our ears. I am not a conspiracy theorist (although I admit I am wavering) but why has the government in all its many education reforms never introduced financial education into the National Curriculum? Could it be that the last thing this Government wants is a financially astute population which is debt adverse?

HOLA443
Theft Act.

No wonder the banks are now screwed with such lax lending!! [symo]

It's not "lax lending", the bank didn't know her true situation. If they did they wouldn't have lent the money. She's committed a criminal offence of obtaining money by deception.

So has anyone on this forum got sympathy for her or her bank because I haven't both as guilty as each other. [symo]

How on earth are they "both as guilty as each other"? She was dishonest. The bank assumed she was honest. She is 100% guilty. The bank are 100% innocent. My sympathies are with the other account holders and shareholders of the bank who will end up paying for this criminal. Do you not believe that people should act with honesty and integrity?

:lol::lol::lol:

"The bank are 100% innocent"

"The bank assumed she was honest"

And there was me thinking the banks were full of sharks, but really they are naive retards.

That film about wall street and that chap Gordon Gekko take on a completely new meaning, hope he is careful about those poor people trying to lend money, someone should warn the poor soul.