House Price Crash Forum

The Downside Of Diversity

HOLA441
Besides we live in a democracy and as unpalatable as the BNP may be to some (including me), people are entitled to vote for them if they want to. I personally find the number of Iraqi women and children murdered by the Labour party far more objectionable and evil than anything the BNP have ever done.

OK, all this is somewhat lighthearted, but there was probably more opposition to the Iraq war amongst the labour party (on the ground) than amongst the traditionally gung-ho warmongering tory party. Murdered by the labour party is, frankly, as unreasonable as calling the BNP an unthinking racist insecure bunch of right-wing loony tw@ts.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Perhaps I'm conflating class and culture too much, though I think that they are linked.

Taking poor urban areas as an example, there isn't in my experience much mixing between the middle class incomers and the original residents. They might pass the time of day, but who gets invited to the dinner parties? Similarly, where you have enclaves of OO gentrification next to council estates, there's virtually no mixing between the two -- irrespective of the racial make-up of each area.

Edit: typo

That has been my experience too. Since graduating from Uni I've spent many years living in poorer 'multicultural' areas of London – Tottenham, Wood Green, Turpike Lane, Camberwell etc. There is very little mixing between cultures. I now live in a semi-gentrified area of Kennington and again there is very little mixing between different cultures. I rarely see a black face in the local gastro-pub despite the area being very ethnically diverse.

This research certainly doesn’t come as a shock to me. As soon as I have the earning capacity I will move to completely gentrified area or out to the suburbs. I don't want to live in a community where I feel like an outsider and I would be far more likely to get involved in the local community if it were predominately white and middle class. Most people feel the same, if they didn't gentrification wouldn't happen - gentrification is just the politically correct word for 'white flight'.

Edited by dazed&confused

HOLA443
OK, all this is somewhat lighthearted, but there was probably more opposition to the Iraq war amongst the labour party (on the ground) than amongst the traditionally gung-ho warmongering tory party. Murdered by the labour party is, frankly, as unreasonable as calling the BNP an unthinking racist insecure bunch of right-wing loony tw@ts.

You can't really dissociate the labour party with the decision to go to war. Each MP has to be selected by the local branch membership. And those selected MP's voted for war. Worse than that the senior labour party concocted a lie to try to sell a war that their own adviser initially told them was "illegal".

I agree that "Murder" is too strong. More like callous disregard for likely consequences. Even with the best will in the world and the best battle field intel and the most precise weapons there will be "collateral damage". Now it may be that we are doing the lessor of 2 evils compared with letting Saddam carry on in power. I don't know. But I doubt we'll ever be thanked for it.

It's the lying that's the worst and most unforgivable part for me.

HOLA444
But what could multi-culturalism lead too?

Surely that doesn't bear thinking about? Yugoslavia anyone. :(

Knowing that country quite well I can assure you when you are up against the wall, you will feel extremely tribal no matter what your level of education, it’s in your genes to act in such a way, I never felt strongly about my ethnic identity until there were attacks on it.

If things get bad in the UK we will see ethnic conflict that the UK has very lucky been spared since the Anglo-Saxon's genocide of Viking settlers.

Edited by PricedOutNative

HOLA445

How many Labaa MPs resigned over the issue? One, Robin Cook as far as I remember, probably the only Labaa MP with an ounce of integrity. The rest of them didn't want to get knocked off the gravy train in case they had to do some real work for a living.

Given that it is 100% knowable that innocents will die in any war I think the word murder is perfectly reasonable, although clearly not 1st degree.

HOLA446
That has been my experience too. Since graduating from Uni I've spent many years living in poorer 'multicultural' areas of London – Tottenham, Wood Green, Turpike Lane, Camberwell etc. There is very little mixing between cultures. I now live in a semi-gentrified area of Kennington and again there is very little mixing between different cultures. I rarely see a black face in the local gastro-pub despite the area being very ethnically diverse.

This research certainly doesn’t come as a shock to me. As soon as I have the earning capacity I will move to completely gentrified area or out to the suburbs. I don't want to live in a community where I feel like an outsider and I would be far more likely to get involved in the local community if it were predominately white and middle class. Most people feel the same, if they didn't gentrification wouldn't happen - gentrification is just the politically correct word for 'white flight'.

Agree with you entirely and I live in West Norwood and would not want to bring up a family there.

I frequent a pub/venue in Brixton and 95% of its punters are white, so little evidence

of mixing there.

So will wait to prices come down buy a house elsewhere or if they don't, move elsewhere..

HOLA447
How many Labaa MPs resigned over the issue? One, Robin Cook as far as I remember, probably the only Labaa MP with an ounce of integrity. The rest of them didn't want to get knocked off the gravy train in case they had to do some real work for a living.

Given that it is 100% knowable that innocents will die in any war I think the word murder is perfectly reasonable, although clearly not 1st degree.

The Tories did not help provide any clarity on the subject or offer any challenge whatsoever! It is MP's that are the real sheeple.

Lots of people went for a walk which didn't make a jot of difference whatsoever :(

Jack Straw the nodding donkey really did it for me during Blair's speech, he should be resigned to a park bench as opposed to the front bench,

How much debt has this war created for us as a nation?

How with all the fighting in Helmund is it STILL the opium centre of the universe?

7/7

It never ceases to amaze me how Bush and Blair survived re-election. We have the power not them, we gave them a mandate, they abused it, they should pay. What has happened to the commoners sense. Every day it becomes harder and harder to justify why I should continue supporting this countries whims via my hard earned TAX contributions

HOLA448
Knowing that country quite well I can assure you when you are up against the wall, you will feel extremely tribal no matter what your level of education, it’s in your genes to act in such a way, I never felt strongly about my ethnic identity until there were attacks on it.

If things get bad in the UK we will see ethnic conflict that the UK has very lucky been spared since the Anglo-Saxon's genocide of Viking settlers.

That's the weird thing about multicultural ideology. If they're right then the beneifts are what? Cheap nannies and foreign food?

If they're wrong the consequences could be absolutely horrendous. I mean litteraly horrific.

And we've seen it before when Vortigern invited a few Saxon mercenaries presumablyto do the jobs the Brits were to lazy or unskilled to do. End result? hundreds of years of war and British culture and language pushed back to Wales, Cornwall and the North of England.