House Price Crash Forum

Dublin, Ni Has Turned

StuB

HOLA441

Just saw a friend who moved to NI a couple of years ago, he is selling his flat in Dublin and his words were house prices in Northern Ireland have turned, he reckons he has missed out on thousands over the last 4 months.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Dont know about any of that but anecdotally I'm on a contract in Dublin til xmas, I'm from East Surrey, and the sentiment here is definitely bearish. Everybody accepts prices are falling. Was talking with a few people the other day and a Scots woman who is settling here has just sold her flat in Glasgow and was looking at buying here. Everybody told her to hold off. Prices are falling, etc. She looked shocked - like it wasnt possible for prices to fall anywhere. I just kept my mouth shut as I've discovered its best in these situations, but it made me smile. Strangely, they are still knocking up flats everywhere in the city, and they are def. better quality than the dumps I see in the UK.

HOLA445
HOLA446
No idea what that means either... :blink:

Here you go, definition of That for you...

That

pronoun and adjective, plural those; adverb; conjunction

(used to indicate a person, thing, idea, state, event, time, remark, etc., as pointed out or present, mentioned before, supposed to be understood, or by way of emphasis): That is her mother. After that we saw each other.

HOLA447
HOLA448
Sorry, I don't quite understand. Is he in Northern Ireland at the moment? and previuosly lived in Dublin? And prices have turned for the worst in Northern Ireland?

Yes, his flat is in Northern Ireland. Currently living in Dublin. He is selling to come back to the UK, sorry United Kingdom. He said prices have turned for the worse, he isn't someone who would take an estate agents word either.

HOLA449
Just saw a friend who moved to NI a couple of years ago, he is selling his flat in Dublin and his words were house prices in Northern Ireland have turned, he reckons he has missed out on thousands over the last 4 months.

'Dublin, Ni has turned' :huh:

Dublin is in RoI (Republic of Ireland) They have a different currency, police force, judicial and legal system to NI (Northern Ireland), which is part of the UK. ;)

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Here you go, definition of That for you...

That

pronoun and adjective, plural those; adverb; conjunction

(used to indicate a person, thing, idea, state, event, time, remark, etc., as pointed out or present, mentioned before, supposed to be understood, or by way of emphasis): That is her mother. After that we saw each other.

Ho ho! :P

Thanks for the facts... I've been following NI for a while and I think it's been turning for a while now. I'm moving there next week, but we'll be renting for the foreseeable.

Edited by Traktion