House Price Crash Forum

House Price Crash (r)

HOLA441

is it just me, or is it the time reflex engine i developed, but is this site and the other just circling the same matter as if part of a scooby-doo background.?

i mean. i seem to be running past the same subjects as before. like regurgitating a dvd of the best of dads army into a recording machine. then playing it back while reflecting the images onto a series of mirrors, reflecting in opposite mirrors...and then taping it.

if the posters were in charge of a great movie car chase we would have crashed through four hundred 'BRIDGE CLOSED' signs by now.

id say we have knocked over every pile of discarded alley cardboard boxes. chased 32 chinese street stall sellers down the road and knocked over almost 50 tall stacked boxes of apples/and/or oranges. there are no more delays. i need to see the crash now.

its like have a 2 hour long shoot out with a revolver.

the timing is from a countdown on a james bond baddie bomb timer.

like looking at a still photo of a dramatic eastenders pause at the closing scene. (drums kick in).

like having a 50-50 egg timer tattooed on the holy spirit.

sdrawkcab gniog eb dluow ew rewols yna erew ti fi

even the round the world flight of a solar powered glider would have go t back by now.

a tortoise riding a flat battery C5, towed by a terrapin with a snail giving directions in complicated code.

i find its pretty dull coming back here, expecting this 'party' only to find the same sorry subjects, touted about like fresh hitler comeback news to a clan of nazi diehards harbouring in havana.

i mean. can we avoid the cut and paste arguments ?

i think we all lack discipline.

HOLA442
Guest Bart of Darkness

Ideally we'd like the crash to be the half-hour sitcom version. Quick, pacey with the odd amusing pratfall by one of the leading characters and an advert break we could fast forward through.

It isn't even the 3 hour movie version, with a half-hour of extra "directors cut" footage we could ignore if we wanted to.

The reality is that it's like an ongoing soap. Characters may come and go, but the same storylines tend to get recycled. Occasionally a long lost character will return and sometimes a poster will be exposed as being not who we thought they were. There's always an influx of young characters to keep things fresh, along with the old favourites, who keep the regulars tuning in.

All soaps tend to have big "events" every now and then, with plenty of newspaper coverage in advance and a cull of popular characters who've either gotten itchy feet or annoyed the producers in some way. Often these "event" storylines don't really affect much in the overall scheme of things, but occasionally one comes along that does.

What HPC is heading for is something like the Emmerdale plane crash storyline, which changed the show forever. The nature of what's going to happen is clear, it's just the plot details that need clarifying.

Will Fred end up being shot by a bunch of daffodils? Will Realistbear crash his car into the Weatherfield canal? Will Grumpy Old Man wake up to find Casual Observer still logged on and the last few months were all a dream? Will Bart of Darkness be abducted by a UFO?

Far fetched? They've all been used in one soap or the other.

The only way to find out what happens is to stay tuned.

See you soon. Same time, same URL.

HOLA443

The statistics, graphs, and dry economic data that seem to excite so many of the estimable members of this forum frankly leave me cold; mainly because I don't normally understand a bloody word of it!

Instead, I prefer to rely on common sense, logic, and gut feeling to get a sense of where things are going with the housing market, and finally I think we may just about be getting to the 'tipping point'.

However, don't expect prices to suddenly fall off a cliff!

In order for prices to fall substantially, it requires home owners being prepared to sell for that lower price. And they're not going to do that unless they really have to.

Most people who put their house on the market don't have to sell. If they can't get the price they want then they'll just stay put and the market will grind to a halt. This process alone could take months or even years yet.

It is only when sufficient numbers of vendors who need to sell start lowering their asking prices out of desperation that the market will start sliding. Reasons why people need to sell include avoiding the threat of reposession, relationship breakdown, and relocation. These only represent a minority of would be vendors so it will be a while before their numbers accumulate to the critical mass required to cause a fall in prices across the board.

Of course, estate agents will play their part. A stalled market produces no commission. The pernicious little ba$tards will be running round talking the market down in a way that will make most of us on here look like bulls - not in the interests of their clients, or of the market as a whole, but simply because 3% of £200k is better than 0% of £300k!

All this will take time. There will be no 'crash'. It will be more of a slide, gathering momentum as it goes. I remember in detail how it panned out in 1989, when I managed to STR at the top of the market. The 'crash' didn't finish until around 1994, when I bought my next house from a panicking BTLer for peanuts. Only the acronyms are new.

We're all going to have to be patient. This time there is a lot further to slide.

Edit;

Incidentally, I'd love to run into that BTLer again and see how she sees things. She had accumulated a portfolio of half a dozen large Victorian houses in the late 80's at an average of around £100k each which she then rented out to students/nurses etc. I bought mine off her for the value of her mortgage - £63k - in 1994. She sold the other places soon afterwards, desperate to get out of the business in one piece.

I sold that house 5 years ago for £200k. It has since sold again (after a good refurb) for £350k.

How sick must she be feeling? :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Mr Yogi

HOLA444
HOLA445
Ideally we'd like the crash to be the half-hour sitcom version. Quick, pacey with the odd amusing pratfall by one of the leading characters and an advert break we could fast forward through.

It isn't even the 3 hour movie version, with a half-hour of extra "directors cut" footage we could ignore if we wanted to.

The reality is that it's like an ongoing soap. Characters may come and go, but the same storylines tend to get recycled. Occasionally a long lost character will return and sometimes a poster will be exposed as being not who we thought they were. There's always an influx of young characters to keep things fresh, along with the old favourites, who keep the regulars tuning in.

All soaps tend to have big "events" every now and then, with plenty of newspaper coverage in advance and a cull of popular characters who've either gotten itchy feet or annoyed the producers in some way. Often these "event" storylines don't really affect much in the overall scheme of things, but occasionally one comes along that does.

What HPC is heading for is something like the Emmerdale plane crash storyline, which changed the show forever. The nature of what's going to happen is clear, it's just the plot details that need clarifying.

Will Fred end up being shot by a bunch of daffodils? Will Realistbear crash his car into the Weatherfield canal? Will Grumpy Old Man wake up to find Casual Observer still logged on and the last few months were all a dream? Will Bart of Darkness be abducted by a UFO?

Far fetched? They've all been used in one soap or the other.

The only way to find out what happens is to stay tuned.

See you soon. Same time, same URL.

tremendous analogy! :lol:

I always knew that staying up till half four in the morning conveyed special creative powers...

HOLA446

Isn't this all just to do with momentum?

Take one giant lorry

Loud it up with trillions of pounds of debt

Send it up the A1/M of HPI

Watch

Watch

Watch

Watch

Make a cup of tea

Watch

Watch

Watch a bit more

Make further cups of tea

Watch

Watch

(You're getting the idea)

Watch

Now the driver sees a huge barrier across the road about a mile away (he's got good eye sight)

Slams on brakes

Tyres Squeal

Skidmarks

Watch

Watch

Watch

Watch

Watch

Watch

Watch ---------------------------------------------

Make a cup of tea|

Watch (We're probably here)