House Price Crash Forum

Email In Work.... Rates To Go Up..

HOLA441

An email was sent round today advising all that minutes from a meeting with the big chiefs are pushing for an increase to 6% and a review in september... hopefully looking to reduce but I feel a further increase taking IR over 6% by the end of the year..

I work for a bank!

HOLA442
Guest Charlie The Tramp
An email was sent round today advising all that minutes from a meeting with the big chiefs are pushing for an increase to 6% and a review in september... hopefully looking to reduce but I feel a further increase taking IR over 6% by the end of the year..

I work for a bank!

Well they must recoup their losses on the millions they are paying back in charges. Can`t touch the savers as they need their money, so the borrowers will be hit a little harder when rates go up, back to the old 2% or more over base.

HOLA443

I work for a bank!

I don't quite understand - do you mean that the BoE 'chiefs' (presumably Gieve and Merv) are pushing for a IR rise to 6%? Or do you mean that the chiefs of your bank are pushing for 6%?

Edited by DrBob

HOLA444
I don't quite understand - do you mean that the BoE 'chiefs' (presumably Gieve and Merv) are pushing for a IR rise to 6%? Or do you mean that the chiefs of your bank are pushing for 6%?

Sorry! BoE chiefs!

Apparantly, the email should not have been circulated but oops.. content suggests they will try and hold the increase until september.... or review in september if the increase does happen.

HOLA445
Sorry! BoE chiefs!

Apparantly, the email should not have been circulated but oops.. content suggests they will try and hold the increase until september.... or review in september if the increase does happen.

Are you not under some obligation to keep things like this to yourself?

HOLA446
Are you not under some obligation to keep things like this to yourself?

No - there was nothing attached to the mail which would suggest confidential etc. A litle surreal to be honest that this was sent out...

The mail was sent to anything over 1000 employees and I guess most will have spoke at home about this and this to spread to families, friends etc.

HOLA447
No - there was nothing attached to the mail which would suggest confidential etc. A litle surreal to be honest that this was sent out...

The mail was sent to anything over 1000 employees and I guess most will have spoke at home about this and this to spread to families, friends etc.

i reckon you should cut and paste it the contents for us here then or at least give a bit more of a complete precis.

HOLA448
HOLA449