House Price Crash Forum

Marrakech Anyone?

HOLA441

I am going out to Marrakech early next month to look for an apartment. Does anyone have any information on good developments off-plan? Can anyone recommend good agents? I am going to look at El Oasis, but this is just outside Marrakech and for an apartment I am not so sure this is a good idea - would imagine it is important to be nearer the centre?

HOLA442

I would say Marrakech has alot to offer, but as you know if buying an apartment in Marrakesh you really want to be quire central in Walking distance to main center, El Oasis does sound good but not sure about location.

Are you buying for investment or Holiday home? if its investment i would suggest you look at other areas in Morocco, Maraakech already has a strong property market as people have been buying there for a while & this is reflected in the prices, for investment consider northern Morocco, many people on this forum will agree with me I believe

Good Luck, if you want info on any of the plan azure resorts (Saidia, Port Lixus) let us know..

HOLA443

After looking at a few different investment options in Morocco (saidia, tangiers, tetouan etc) - I decided to buy in Marrakech as i felt it was the best bet for immediate capital growth plus great potential for renting out as it is the most established tourist destination in Morocco

The best new apartment development in Marrakech is supposed to be Marrakech Plaza in Gueliz - the flats are not cheap (the property i went for was significantly cheaper) but the location is right in the centre of the 'new' town - I can tell you that they were offering flats at 15,000MAD/sqm when i first went out there last year and the same flats are now selling at 20,000MAD/sqm - i believe i have seen similar capital growth on the property i purchased

I met various agents but to be honest there isnt any that i would particularly recommend over any other - if you head down the main Boulevard Mohammed V you will pass many agencies

HOLA444

i have also purchased on marrakesh. I also did a lot of research in to morroco and was originally tempted by saidia.After having a good think i decided £120,000 was to much to pay for a 2 bed apartment . in most areas of morroco i would have to wait a few years for areas to become tourist attaractions and to get a good rental.also i would havr been waiting for airlines to be flying regularly to areas which may happen in certain areas and and may not in others .

Also i would not be to fussed about the centre of marrakesh as the outskirts are where the luxury resorts seem to be popping up and each resort will have there own onsight facilities. so not only will you have your own on sight facilities but there will be other resorts nearby that also have facilities that we can use.

Also the 3 mail golf courses are on the outskirts and the 6star amanjeena resort is also outside marrakesh.

As far as prices are concerned i find Marrakesh is the same and cheaper then what is being sold on the plan azure projects.

this along with the fact that marrakesh is probably one if the best known destinations in morroco with hundred of flights a week already coming in to the airport.

A lot of money has also been earmarked for improvement om Marrakesh and will be spent on the outskirts 1st.

I think i have made the right decision. :lol:

HOLA445

well im in total agreement with you there!

what did you buy in Marrakech?

I went for a riad in a new development just outside the Medina - it was completed recently and I am now getting it decorated and furnished

Most of the chat on these forums seems to be about Saidia, Tetouan, Lixus etc but in my opinion Marrakech offers the best investment case of any of these locations - however Marrakech has not been as heavily marketed in the UK as these other areas so i guess that is why it is not mentioned as much

HOLA446
i have also purchased on marrakesh. I also did a lot of research in to morroco and was originally tempted by saidia.After having a good think i decided £120,000 was to much to pay for a 2 bed apartment . in most areas of morroco i would have to wait a few years for areas to become tourist attaractions and to get a good rental.also i would havr been waiting for airlines to be flying regularly to areas which may happen in certain areas and and may not in others .

Also i would not be to fussed about the centre of marrakesh as the outskirts are where the luxury resorts seem to be popping up and each resort will have there own onsight facilities. so not only will you have your own on sight facilities but there will be other resorts nearby that also have facilities that we can use.

Also the 3 mail golf courses are on the outskirts and the 6star amanjeena resort is also outside marrakesh.

As far as prices are concerned i find Marrakesh is the same and cheaper then what is being sold on the plan azure projects.

this along with the fact that marrakesh is probably one if the best known destinations in morroco with hundred of flights a week already coming in to the airport.

A lot of money has also been earmarked for improvement om Marrakesh and will be spent on the outskirts 1st.

Aman resorts are my favorite in the world - nothing IMO touches them for class and enjoyment. I consider Aman a world trend setting conmpany, so your in good company.

Marrakesh will surely proove a decent investment arena, afterall its the hub of economic activity in a nation that I consider to be the next 'South Africa'.

Im a beach freak which is why I preferred a coastal resort. I still think the rental returns for Saidia will surprise everyone.

HOLA447
well im in total agreement with you there!

what did you buy in Marrakech?

I went for a riad in a new development just outside the Medina - it was completed recently and I am now getting it decorated and furnished

Most of the chat on these forums seems to be about Saidia, Tetouan, Lixus etc but in my opinion Marrakech offers the best investment case of any of these locations - however Marrakech has not been as heavily marketed in the UK as these other areas so i guess that is why it is not mentioned as much

i Purchased on a project that is just about to start construction called Olive Grove. It is not on general release yet as the developer originally sold 20 units at pre planning stage. i had to pay upfront the full cost of the apartment and yes it was a little risky but i knew what the risks would be before i entered in to it and lucky for me it will pay off .Planning has been approved and construction should start very soon.There are more and more projects being released at presant in marrakesh, i think it was the insight morroco website i was looking at the other day and they had 6 differant projects.

By looking at what they are selling on paper i have at wortst doubled my money and at best treabaled it.

so again i will say i think i made the right decision :rolleyes:

HOLA448
Aman resorts are my favorite in the world - nothing IMO touches them for class and enjoyment. I consider Aman a world trend setting conmpany, so your in good company.

Marrakesh will surely proove a decent investment arena, afterall its the hub of economic activity in a nation that I consider to be the next 'South Africa'.

Im a beach freak which is why I preferred a coastal resort. I still think the rental returns for Saidia will surprise everyone.

Hi dogbox

i to love the beach. and i think for an allround holiday in morroco a few days in marrakesh and a few days on a beach would be ideal so i suggest i swap a few days in marrakesh for a few days in your place in saidia, i realise that i pulled out of saidia as an investment however i cannot wait for it to be built as it is going to be a wonderfull place tp holiday.

HOLA449

Marrakech is a great city the place already has a flood of tourists coming in on the low cost flights so rental will be high. You go up Atlas mountains to ski. I am a big fan of this city of culture and on my recent trip found myself looking into buying here myself.

Good luck Lina with your purchuse

HOLA4410
i Purchased on a project that is just about to start construction called Olive Grove. It is not on general release yet as the developer originally sold 20 units at pre planning stage. i had to pay upfront the full cost of the apartment and yes it was a little risky but i knew what the risks would be before i entered in to it and lucky for me it will pay off .Planning has been approved and construction should start very soon.There are more and more projects being released at presant in marrakesh, i think it was the insight morroco website i was looking at the other day and they had 6 differant projects.

By looking at what they are selling on paper i have at wortst doubled my money and at best treabaled it.

so again i will say i think i made the right decision :rolleyes:

i was actually very close to going for a unit at Olive Grove myself - the only thing that put me off was having to pay everything upfront - i think you should do well out of your purchase

HOLA4411
I am going out to Marrakech early next month to look for an apartment. Does anyone have any information on good developments off-plan? Can anyone recommend good agents? I am going to look at El Oasis, but this is just outside Marrakech and for an apartment I am not so sure this is a good idea - would imagine it is important to be nearer the centre?

Hi , If you want i can put you in contact with them direct i have bought with them at there other project , they will be able to arrange a meeting for when you want to go over. My number is 07971695373

Ian