House Price Crash Forum

The Bulls Are Quiet Tonight.........

HOLA441
You were lucky to have that bourgeois choice. Most women have to struggle on.

Instead of counting your blessings about being able to cash in your property gains to allow you to stop working, you end up on here, whining about how awful other people are.

I've stopped feeling sympathy for you all of a sudden. To be honest, you make me sick. You're no better than the people you claim to despise.

Think about it.

Listen to me, you BMW driving, cash flashing, shiney shoed, *********** *******. You never had an ounce of sympathy in you from the start, after all you are a calculating, money grabber. You don't intimidate me at all.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
Listen to me, you BMW driving, cash flashing, shiney shoed, *********** *******. You never had an ounce of sympathy in you from the start, after all you are a calculating, money grabber. You don't intimidate me at all.

Wonderful.

As I thought. Classic HPC cry baby.

BMW? ........ Shiney [sic] shoes? .......... Cash flashing? .............. Calculating, money grabber?

Mate, you're the one who sold up to cash in your gains. I've never done that. I've always regarded a house as a place to live in.

You're a bitter bear who f*cked up. Face it.

HOLA444
Wonderful.

As I thought. Classic HPC cry baby.

BMW? ........ Shiney [sic] shoes? .......... Cash flashing? .............. Calculating, money grabber?

Mate, you're the one who sold up to cash in your gains. I've never done that. I've always regarded a house as a place to live in.

You're a bitter bear who f*cked up. Face it.

Who are you calling mate? I might let you shine my shoes for me, but your certainly not my 'mate'.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
I'm not a BTL, but I do think you come across as someone who protests too much.

You were a property owner who sold up to cash in your gains. (And please, let's have less of the "I did it all for me little 'uns, not for me"-emotional stuff.)

A few years on, property has shot up in value and you realise that you've been very unlucky, or that you misjudged the situation. One or the other, I really don't know.

You do come across as someone who's very bitter, but your annoyance should really be aimed at yourself rather than people who are lawfully buying property.

I'm actually not unsympathetic towards you but you do yourself no favours by being so angry and rude about people who've mostly just been luckier, or in some cases, perhaps cleverer, than you.

I have got to agree, HH you come across as very bitter, I used to be sympathetic but not now. Its not our fault that you chose to have babies, do you expect the world to stand still while you decide to raise children? Life is about choices, look at it this way would you trade the joy that your children bring to you with the "joys" of home ownership? If you are then I find that sad. At the end of the day the differance between owning and renting is whose name is on the title deeds, kept on an electronic document at the land registry. You have two wonderful children so keep it in perspective. Owning a house is secondary to having a good family. I hope the market does turn and you can have both but if it doesn't and you can't does it really matter? I have my name on three electronic title deeds but I have worked hard to get the money to do that, and have probably made sacrifices to do so, including relationships along the way and have no children, so as an older (38yo) man I often think hmmm how nice it would have been to have made differant choices and have two wonderful children instead of owning bricks and mortar. See my point? Be grateful of your children, not envious of people who own property, as they may not have the "riches" that you have. You can invest in children too, in the long run it will make you happier than a pile of bricks.

HOLA4410
Thank you Fishy, it's not easy with BTL gangsters swarming around. Like I tried to explain to them before (only they may have selective reading) I have nothing AT ALL against people who own a home, I would love to own a home again myself.

I've been waiting for years and years. I, however, .....................(and I have already said this, so it's getting very tiresome I must say) .........................I bought ONE, solitary home and sold it a few years later to fund staying at home with my newborns. I did NOT greedily buy 2 or more homes to make 'loads ov moneeeey'.

So, I'm sorry if the BTL's feel a little intimidated by me....................I'm sure they are feeling extremely worried by the thought of a crash (why else would they be on this site?) ..............but I shall continue to champion the FTB/STR....................and I know that soon, we will be proud home owners.....................let the revenge continue....................................

I am not a 'Bull', 'BTL', 'Stupid' or any of the other labels or insults you have thrown at me during this thread.

I have one house which is my home. It has substantial equity but this is not a lot of use to me as the type of house I would like to trade up to is now out or reach.

You think your are entitled to, in your own words "make loads of equity". You have STR'd and spent your equity. Like I have repeatedly said I do not have a problem with that.

What I have a problem with is that you cannot see that you by doing this and then wishing for a crash so you can start over again you are just as guilty as profiting from HPI as the BTL's you so deride.

Incidentally I don't agree with BTL on mass and think second homes you be heavily taxed but I have seen some BTL's do a good job of fixing up uninhabitable houses which are now providing homes for people and probably help keeping rents down.

Think about it, do you really have the moral high ground over the type of BTL I have described above? If you truly think you do then you are deluded.

HOLA4411
Guest Yeahbutnocrash
Why? Many BTL properties around here are empty and have been since they were built.

Ah... they must be BTLE then! - I'm only talking about BTL. Those LL's who need a tenant

Edited by Yeahbutnocrash

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

So it's 3 against 1 now is it? I'm not bitter........................I'm absolutely livid, as are many others who have to live in rented accomodation. There are many people who could buy now if they really wanted to but simple refuse to buy a tatty 2 bedroom for 300K, it's an absolute joke, and you know it.

Although this argument has become personal and juvenile, I play along out of sheer frustration more than anything, because I do believe that the explosion in BTL's has pushed house prices to extremes unseen before. I also understand that the pensions crisis sparked this insanity and that much of the responsibility lies with the government.

However, I am obviously infuriated by those who come on here 'flashing their cash', when there are many families living in dire straights, having their homes repossessed, some even ending up homeless. Also, of course, there are huge numbers of even public sector workers, who are priced out.

People don't enjoy living in rented accomodation, we all want a place to call a long term home, there is no security in rented. You're right, I benefited greatly by being able to nuture my own children in their early years, a luxury for most. At the time though, the BTL craze was non - existent (unless I was unaware of it).

Now I am waiting for a severe drop in house prices, but I am aware that this will also cause misery and sufferring for new LL's and homeowners. It's an appalling situation and you must unsterstand that BTL has played a major role in this crisis.

HOLA4414
However, I am obviously infuriated by those who come on here 'flashing their cash', when there are many families living in dire straights, having their homes repossessed, some even ending up homeless. Also, of course, there are huge numbers of even public sector workers, who are priced out.

So you start a thread along the lines of "the IR increase will shut the bulls up" but you are still surprised to have a few BTL'ers responding with some of their success stroies.

There aren't many on this forum that put so much blame on BTL which is why you don't have the support from your fellow bears that you no doubt expected.

HOLA4415

“2006 saw the buy-to-let market grow very rapidly with strong tenant demand resulting from high levels of immigration and frustrated buyers. This, along with a shift in preferences towards buy-to-let as an investment and the growth of buy-to-let financing, helped to shore up demand for property and so support house price growth. Demand from buy-to-let purchasers more than replaced the fall back in the number of the first-time buyers priced out of the market. Buy-to-let purchases accounted for about 10% of all house purchases in 2005; by the third quarter of 2006 this proportion had increased to 16%."

I don't need any help....................... unlike yourselves who fight in packs....................... I can take you all on.

HOLA4416
I don't need any help....................... unlike yourselves who fight in packs....................... I can take you all on.

We are not "fighting in packs". We are different individuals who have come to the same conclusion. That you are a hypocrite. Maybe this will remind you:

I bought my first flat in London in 1996 and my goodness were there bargains to be had. I bought a flat, (Victorian house conversion) in East London for £45000. Then I STR 3 years later in 1999 for £75,000. Little did I know how much further HP would increase. Yes I kick myself sometimes for not holding onto that flat, but life circumstances and moving out of London meant I had to let it go. Now I am still waiting to get back on the ladder again and pick up another bargain SOON! :)

Your flat by increased in value by 66% in 3 years. You then sold and spent that money. What exactly did you do to earn that money?

"I kick myself sometimes for not holding onto that flat"

Just face up to the fact that you made a bad decision. Stop trying to blame other while attempting to hold the moral high ground.

HOLA4417
As i stated - HPI wasn't much (if at all) over the rate of inflation. If house prices only ever went up at the rate of inflation then FTBs wouldn't need a champion - because there would be no affordability problems. In any case - what is wrong with changing your mind? Or even getting out of the market because you believe it's crazy? It's not taking advantage of the FTBs - it's common sense. Unfortunately for her - she got out way too early - and has to suffer because of the unrealistic HPI that has occurred since then. If FTBs had more sense - they WOULDN"T have bought in the last few years - and that would have controlled HPI.

With HPI under control - all the amateur BTLs would see that the fundamentals need to work - because when rents and HPI follow inflation - you need to make sure the rent covers ALL of your costs. At the minute that would require a fairly big HPC to get back to those fundamentals working.

So do you still think HH's flat went up at the rate of inflation and that her equity (that she spent) wasn't funded by an FTB somewhere?

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
We are not "fighting in packs". We are different individuals who have come to the same conclusion. That you are a hypocrite. Maybe this will remind you:

Your flat by increased in value by 66% in 3 years. You then sold and spent that money. What exactly did you do to earn that money?

"I kick myself sometimes for not holding onto that flat"

Just face up to the fact that you made a bad decision. Stop trying to blame other while attempting to hold the moral high ground.

In retrospect she was probably unlucky rather than stupid. She was exploiting HPI (other people's misery, in her terms) for her own benefit and gambled that the market wouldn't keep rising. We all know that it did.

Mind you, she had £30,000 to spend. Very few of us are in that fortunate position so I shouldn't really call her "unlucky". I actually don't think she did anything wrong in STR-ing. I would do the same if I thought it would be to the long-term benefit of my family. The reason I feel rather hostile towards her is that 1) she's rude and aggressive and 2) she seems to feel that she's been hard done by, and criticises other people for doing exactly the same thing that she did -- play the housing market for personal financial gain. It's not illegal and I will certainly hope to do the same one day if I think it's in the interests of my family.

Edited by Realist Bull

HOLA4420

I have nothing against gaining from property at all, I have, my parents have, my friends have. Others should also have the opportunity to do so too, but the problem is there are no houses left to gain from because of the large numbers of BTL's frenziedly buying them all up. Have you ever heard of sharing?

HOLA4421
In retrospect she was probably unlucky rather than stupid. She was exploiting HPI (other people's misery, in her terms) for her own benefit and gambled that the market wouldn't keep rising. We all know that it did.

Mind you, she had £30,000 to spend. Very few of us are in that fortunate position so I shouldn't really call her "unlucky". I actually don't think she did anything wrong in STR-ing. I would do the same if I thought it would be to the long-term benefit of my family. The reason I feel rather hostile towards her is that 1) she's rude and aggressive and 2) she seems to feel that she's been hard done by, and criticises other people for doing exactly the same thing that she did -- play the housing market for personal financial gain. It's not illegal and I will certainly hope to do the same one day if I think it's in the interests of my family.

Exactly. I have never said she is stupid (even though she called me stupid). I will say again that she didn't do anything wrong by STRing. It was for the best of reasons. That it was a "bad decision" is made with hindsight in a situation that we could not have predicted.

She is a hypocrite (even though she can't see that) because she has "played the housing market" and benefited from HPI yet wants a crash so she can start all over again. AND while she is doing this she is proclaiming to be some kind of FTB's champion.

Put it this way if prices drop back to 1996 levels is she going to give back the equity she spent?

Edited by basildonian

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425