House Price Crash Forum

Everyone In London Is On £50k+...

BoomBoom

HOLA441

Just in case anyone wants the actual averages (from the ever-reliable office of national statistics), they are:

City of London: £74,000

Tower Hamets: £72,000

Greater London: £41,759

National £28,941

So not everyone, but the original posters £50K+ is well below average for London itself and not too far off the mark even if you include the surrounding areas!

More than I thought, must ask for a pay rise...

Utter ********. I'd love to know how they compile these figures. Take the guttersnipes out and then do the calculation perchance?

Edited by BoomBoom

HOLA442

Just in case anyone wants the actual averages (from the ever-reliable office of national statistics), they are:

City of London: £74,000

Tower Hamets: £72,000

Greater London: £41,759

National £28,941

So not everyone, but the original posters £50K+ is well below average for London itself and not too far off the mark even if you include the surrounding areas!

More than I thought, must ask for a pay rise...

Is this mean. If so it's errrm.... meaningless.

HOLA443
Guest Charlie The Tramp

10 times imcome = 220k - you can buy a load of 2 bed places for that.

For 220k in 1970 you could have bought 55 2 bed places @ 4k each. Today more like 2 in a low average area @ 110k each, and they slag off the 70s. :D Better still for 220k in 1976 you could have bought 12 four bed detached houses @ 18k each in the average area.

HOLA444

not today...no

but you could in the mid 90's and you wouldn't need 2 gcse's either.

that's the whole point

only a fool is surprised by the economic cycle

the bulls sold to fools, the bears wish they had thought of that.

a bull will think himself a bull, because the bull who sold them the house was nice to them

HOLA445

Is this a typical street that gets auctioned..every last one of them by the local council? You said spoilt for choice :lol:

Check out SL3 in Slough. Admittedly it is one of the more expensive in the town but it certainly wasn't easy to buy in most streets back in 2001, as I found out.

That said, there are far more wealthier people than myself that are still affording todays prices. And couples of course.

Nice find though gfromls ;)

Average graduate salaries for graduate recruitment schemes in blue chip companies may be about £25k (although I doubt that), but what about the majority of graduates who don't get onto these schemes?

Please tell me you are just trolling. Please. I'm not a violent person but never in my life have some contributors on a website actually made me want to murder people with my bare hands.

:lol: I'm still laughing now.

HOLA446

You do talk some shit Bungalow Builder.

I think BB must be GB's advisor.

Governments have always provided a saftey net for the lower paid with subsidised council houses. They have now gone so where are they going to live.

BB If they can't afford to buy, and there is nothing to rent what do you suggest they do, or do you believe in ethnic cleansing?

HOLA447

Sorry you misunderstood me - the equivalent of 11k today would have been 5k in 1996 - 18k would be worth about 36k today - so yes you would have been able to afford something then and now as well. However if you earnt 5k in 1996 or 11k today you wouldn't be able to afford somewhere.

********. I was offered a job as a clerk in 1989 on 8k and outside London. What school did you go to?

HOLA448

or maybe not

http://www.fish4.co.uk/iad/jobs/advert?adI...arch&tot=63

One of about 5000 similar listings.

A little over 20 per cent of people working in "Inner London" earn over £50,000.

Some way less than 20 per cent of people living in "Inner London" earn over £50,000

Type "Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings" into Google and go nuts on stats.

You'll also notice 10 per cent earn less than £8,500

The median inner London residential income is around £26,000.

The £26,000 average graduate salary figure for London is from the AGR and hence only reports from its 600 members who tend to be the large firms - like the utilities, who pay more than most. The Labour Force Survey will give you better figures.

I could go on.

HOLA449

Is this a typical street that gets auctioned..every last one of them by the local council? You said spoilt for choice :lol:

Check out SL3 in Slough. Admittedly it is one of the more expensive in the town but it certainly wasn't easy to buy in most streets back in 2001, as I found out.

That said, there are far more wealthier people than myself that are still affording todays prices. And couples of course.

Nice find though gfromls ;)

wrong

http://www.nethouseprices.com/index.php?co...0&curPage=3

http://www.nethouseprices.com/index.php?co...csaCode=LS118DX

http://www.nethouseprices.com/index.php?co...csaCode=LS119LJ

http://www.nethouseprices.com/index.php?co...csaCode=LS116EH

http://www.nethouseprices.com/index.php?co...0&curPage=2

http://www.nethouseprices.com/index.php?co...0&curPage=3

you see houses used to cost less (and they will in the future)

as for bb's post 18yo's with no qualifications or "the lower class and since when have the lower classes ever been able to afford a property"

.....it's hoggwash

HOLA4410

A little over 20 per cent of people working in "Inner London" earn over £50,000.

Some way less than 20 per cent of people living in "Inner London" earn over £50,000

Type "Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings" into Google and go nuts on stats.

You'll also notice 10 per cent earn less than £8,500

The median inner London residential income is around £26,000.

The £26,000 average graduate salary figure for London is from the AGR and hence only reports from its 600 members who tend to be the large firms - like the utilities, who pay more than most. The Labour Force Survey will give you better figures.

I could go on.

Having ploughed through tons of non government statistics wrt salaries I can confidently say that most people in London earn less than £30k, and a very significant number earn less than half of that.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

RUBBISH an 18 year old would have been on 5k in 1996 and would NOT have been able to afford a property - any more than they can today - people on 11k are - I'm sorry to say - lower class and since when have the lower classes ever been able to afford a property? Get real.

A friend of mine was on 11K working for a Job Centre in the North West in 2002 and bought a small terraced house.

HOLA4413

Average graduate salaries for graduate recruitment schemes in blue chip companies may be about £25k (although I doubt that), but what about the majority of graduates who don't get onto these schemes?

Please tell me you are just trolling. Please. I'm not a violent person but never in my life have some contributors on a website actually made me want to murder people with my bare hands.

..or even your bear hands?