House Price Crash Forum

Locked Loaded And Moving In

AteMoose

HOLA441
HOLA442

Good luck with it! Where on earth do you live to get that much house for so little? :unsure::blink:

dunno about him, but i bought a 3-bed semi with a garden in the suburbs of S.London, quiet little area, access to the country side, Brighton, tree lined streets, even the hoodies are polite! 20mins into London, reliable trains, all good tbh. How much? 200k.

I sometimes wonder if people are so brainwashed on this site that they dont actually know how much houses really cost!! Sure 'luxury' new build flats in my town are going for 250k!!! Yes, really, and they sell so quick, yet there are 2/3 bed houses on my road changing hands for 200k, well actually 180k at the start of the year - but that boat has sailed (for now)!

I guess people take one look at the papers, see these swishly marketed new builds at ludicrous prices and think that must be it. Or maybe people dont like to stray away from areas that have a 'reputation'. I took the time to do lots of research, yeah sure there were plenty of unaffordable areas in the London suburbs, but there were lots of great places too, they just dont have a 'trendy' reputation. But the more I see posts like that above "Where on earth do you live to get that much house for so little" the more I think some people here are so out of touch, or just too darn lazy to go and do some real research. I mean REAL research, not just a quick browse through rightmove.

Anyways, GL to the OP, at the end of the day, as said, if it suits you then god luck - I bought a place cos I wanted a house to live in, money wasnt really the issue, rather than gambling on markets I chose to work hard and save hard - wasnt that tough really, just took a few years. Now I dont need to worry, aslong as i meet my mortgage repayments (not crazy high cos of my large deposit) Ill be fine, isnt it nice to be in control of your own destiny :)!

Edited by Orbital

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445