House Price Crash Forum

A Little Birdy Tells Me...

HOLA441
Guest Yeahbutnocrash

Give this whatever credence you like, but a F-O-A-F who works 'in the department' says the interest rate rise is 'certain' for this month. He even explained why:-

The know another rise is needed. The latest data proves it. HOWEVER, they can't wait till NEXT month, because it's too close to Xmas.

If they don't do it THIS month, they will have to wait till the new year.

5% here we come.

Thank's for the info - I won't rush to the bookie this time but will look forwards to getting rich on your further tips if this is proved right!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Since when has the BofE base rate had anything to do with Xmas sales?

People use Plastic Fantastic every Xmas to fund the binge. I dont see why it will be any different this time, apart from the fact that there wont be anywhere near the amount of spending previously due to the 'Britain in debt' messages we have been receiving over the last month since they raised the rates.

And come January they will be blaming the November rate hike for the poor sales.

I shouldn't really have to reply to this, but no one else seems bothered enough to educate you so:-

Raising rates discourages spending and makes all commercial activities more expensive.

Would you like us to also explain why weetabix tastes better with sugar? Or why the sky is blue? Or where babies come from?

Cheez.

Oh, PropertyGuru, this must class as the most hypocritical post of the century.

Would you like me to dredge up some of your old posts, where you ridiculed, abused and tormented bears?

I was only having a laugh, C.O! Personally, I find your posts witty, entertaining, informative and refreshing.

Now excuse me, I have to go and file my nose down.

:lol::lol::lol:

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

just because I've predicted something you disagree with.

just because you want to buy a cheaper house

I do not disagree with you, its just your predictions, what is the point in predicting anything, especially future base rates, the sensible option, would be to base your predictions on historical data, rather than what you think/want to happen etc etc. You do not make any sense at all.

And as for a cheaper house, no i do not, i would much rather see an economy which is based on skills, inovation, manufacturing, rather than binge borrowing, equity withdraw from property, which can only be the symptoms of ultra low lending rates. So predicting what you predict, tells me in some way you want rates to remain low because you are a borrower, rather than a saver, so good luck to you, keep predicting, i will keeping taking the p1ss, because the one thing you are good at is predicting something which is totally un-predictable???

Edited by Panda

HOLA448
HOLA449

So predicting what you predict, tells me in some way you want rates to remain low because you are a borrower, rather than a saver, so good luck to you, keep predicting, i will keeping taking the p1ss, because the one thing you are good at is predicting something which is totally un-predictable???

I don't owe a single penny to anyone. I have several hundred thousand pounds in savings, mostly in interest bearing accounts. I benefit financially every time the IR increases. I intend to stay in my house for the rest of my life, so its value is irrelevant to us.

So your charge against me has backfired somewhat. But am I taking the p1ss out of you for your crass jump to conclusions?

You will learn some day that what you want and what you predict are 2 different things.

I do not disagree with you, its just your predictions, what is the point in predicting anything, especially future base rates, the sensible option, would be to base your predictions on historical data, rather than what you think/want to happen etc etc. You do not make any sense at all.

"goes away to search Panda's posts for IR predictions"

HOLA4410

I don't owe a single penny to anyone. I have several hundred thousand pounds in savings, mostly in interest bearing accounts. I benefit financially every time the IR increases. I intend to stay in my house for the rest of my life, so its value is irrelevant to us.

So your charge against me has backfired somewhat. But am I taking the p1ss out of you for your crass jump to conclusions?

You will learn some day that what you want and what you predict are 2 different things.

but remember, casual observer, property guru has millions in the bank and so busy enjoying the fruits of his labour on a beach somewhere that he has to errrr...spam the message boards all day long from his sad little workstation in reality. He's probably a security guard at some banks HQ lol with delusions of grandeur. Its quite common, yer know.

HOLA4411

but remember, casual observer, property guru has millions in the bank and so busy enjoying the fruits of his labour on a beach somewhere that he has to errrr...spam the message boards all day long from his sad little workstation in reality. He's probably a security guard at some banks HQ lol with delusions of grandeur. Its quite common, yer know.

Cuckoo!

Cuckoo!

Cuckoo!

HOLA4412

He actually uses the name of his old nemesis on this site, who was a real BTL investor. I think he just removed the sapce between the 2 words. He used to be Crashisunderway. He was obsessed with the real PG, and stalked him embarassingly.

Bit sad really.

And here we are:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...c=33260&hl=

HOLA4413

He actually uses the name of his old nemesis on this site, who was a real BTL investor. I think he just removed the sapce between the 2 words. He used to be Crashisunderway. He was obsessed with the real PG, and stalked him embarassingly.

Bit sad really.

And here we are:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...c=33260&hl=

I'm afraid you are wrong, C.O. No matter how many times you keep posting this, it won't make it true.

I never posted on this board before last month, and am perfectly happy for the mods to reveal my IP and global location to prove that point.

I have searched the forum and read some of the old posts you allude to, and think it is pretty apparent that 'crash is under way' cannot spell, or string a sentence together. Having said that, I wouldn't like to be 'stalked' by someone that ferocious - soppy little girls blouses like 'cuckoo' are bad enough.

HOLA4414

So why are you on here then, get out enjoy yourself, spend your interest, wtf are you wasting your last days messing around on here. If i was as wealthy as you are i would not bother to waste a single second commenting on something that just will not ever have an effect on my life.

Most on here have either been priced out for a number of different reasons, and some others who have not been priced out, offer some excellent advice to the ones who have been priced out.

Me thinks you have some kind of vested interest, maybe the green eyed monster, you ain't got enough hey, or you do not want to spend it, just look at the balance in your grubby little buiding society book, better than play boy hey?

Well you cannot take "the several hundred thousand pounds in savings" with you my old son, and the ticker will give up one day, so stop being a commentator on your wealth and start to live???? :lol::lol:

HOLA4415

I'm afraid you are wrong, C.O. No matter how many times you keep posting this, it won't make it true.

I never posted on this board before last month, and am perfectly happy for the mods to reveal my IP and global location to prove that point.

I have searched the forum and read some of the old posts you allude to, and think it is pretty apparent that 'crash is under way' cannot spell, or string a sentence together. Having said that, I wouldn't like to be 'stalked' by someone that ferocious - soppy little girls blouses like 'cuckoo' are bad enough.

Do you claim to be the original PG then, the one that signed off "hope that helps"?

If no, why have you chosen his name?

Well you cannot take "the several hundred thousand pounds in savings" with you my old son, and the ticker will give up one day, so stop being a commentator on your wealth and start to live???? :lol::lol:

I do live - I have a lovely life thanks. I buy whatever I want. And I don't commentate on my "wealth". This is probably the first time I've mentioned my situation on here in 3 years, and only because you accused me of needing an IR cut, so I needed to put you right.

Having money doesn't mean you want to be out all of the time spending it. If you won a million would you want to be on holiday every minute of your life, or out buying things? I don't.

I enjoy the debate on this forum.

Edited by Casual Observer

HOLA4416

Do you claim to be the original PG then, the one that signed off "hope that helps"?

If no, why have you chosen his name?

I am who I am.

I chose the name because I am a big fan of 'Sarah Beeny', and she is the first result on Google for 'property Guru', if you would care to check.

In fact, I can't imagine anyone not being a big fan of Sarah.

Ahhh.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20061003/wl_uk...taineconomybank

by Roland Jackson 2 hours, 11 minutes ago

LONDON (AFP) - Bank of England policymakers are forecast to hold British interest rates at 4.75 percent on Thursday, but all eyes will be on a possible increase in November, according to analysts.
All 35 economists quizzed by financial newswire AFX News said they expected the central bank's Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) to freeze rates
after the two-day huddle, as they continue their wait-and-see policy on the economy.

I think the Muppets might just hike--Merv needs to prove that he is independent of his boss at No. 11. If he doesn't hike all his talk about being "vigilant" is worthless and his credibility on the world scene will diminish.

HOLA4419

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20061003/wl_uk...taineconomybank

by Roland Jackson 2 hours, 11 minutes ago

LONDON (AFP) - Bank of England policymakers are forecast to hold British interest rates at 4.75 percent on Thursday, but all eyes will be on a possible increase in November, according to analysts.
All 35 economists quizzed by financial newswire AFX News said they expected the central bank's Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) to freeze rates
after the two-day huddle, as they continue their wait-and-see policy on the economy.

I think the Muppets might just hike--Merv needs to prove that he is independent of his boss at No. 11. If he doesn't hike all his talk about being "vigilant" is worthless and his credibility on the world scene will diminish.

I'm now starting to think I've been fed a bad trout - They do seem to be a rather worthless bunch, the MPC, don't they?

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

you accused me of needing an IR cut, so I needed to put you right.

"Why the need to put me right if you are totally un-biased, why even make predictions". urmmmmmmmmmmmmm B)

"If you won a million would you want to be on holiday every minute of your life, I don't". urmmmmmmmmmmmmm :unsure:

"I enjoy the debate on this forum.urmmmmmmm". :huh:

Nope i disagree with you again, i can think of at least ten things i would rather be doing if i had your kind of wealth, rather than sitting at the key board debating with people like me about things that will not have no effect on your fininacial position in life.

Your signature name states you are just a casual observer, but me thinks you have a vested interest in some way, you are not a bull? you are not a bear?

But your predictions tend to lean towards a base rate dove?? ;)

Edited by Panda

HOLA4423

:lol::lol: spot on cuckoo - I think many of us have suspected this for a long time - the internet is littered with strange little people living out their on line fantasies

I love you too, although I feel obliged to point out that your username is incorrect. There's an extraneous 'WITH' in the middle of it.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

That's interesting. What would you do?

Now that is a very private conversation which i would not want to put on a very public forum, but i will leave it to your imagination. B)

But it would be far more interesting and pleasing from obviously only my point of view, rather than typing in dialogue about this forum's headline subject? ;)