House Price Crash Forum

Is All This Bearish Talk Just Depressing

cheeseandbeans

HOLA441

Rational argument i like. But many posts here are highly bearish and irrational. I'm sure that a couple of years ago talk about a house price crash was valid, but today many posts just seems negative.

Has a single HPC bear made money or benefited financially from staying out of the market over the past few years? With house prices increasing @ 7% per year (average) i guess not.

HOLA442

According to the land registry house prices in Hampshire have risen 1.38% since summer 2004.

I'm glad I didn't fall for the spin and rush into buying, I could get a far better place today.

Edit:

Even the South East has only risen 3.91% since Q3 04.

England = 5.97%

HOLA443

Rational argument i like. But many posts here are highly bearish and irrational. I'm sure that a couple of years ago talk about a house price crash was valid, but today many posts just seems negative.

Has a single HPC bear made money or benefited financially from staying out of the market over the past few years? With house prices increasing @ 7% per year (average) i guess not.

You condemn irrational arguements and then put forward your own irrational proposition that not a single person has benefited from staying out of the market. I have enjoyed to substantial rent reductions in the last three years and I am now paying much less than I would in mortgage interest. Is that not a benefit?

HOLA444

I fully agree with you. Some posters on here are seriously depressed. They take great joy in highlighting any kind of bad news they hear whether it be economical or diplomatic. Some of them were even highlighting an impending nucleur war and mentioning how amazing that would be because house prices would really crash.

I have to say I only visit here because I find it highly amusing how human nature works. I dont know when this website started but it is funny how forums only go back to November 2005. My guess is that if you went back to March 2003 you would find the same people putting forward the same arguments.

I personally can't see how renting over the past 3 years has worked out better than buying. Surely if your renting somewhere then the person your renting from is paying a lot less for their mortgage then your paying in rent. If you counter argument that and say that you are taking into account todays prices and the landlord probably bought the house in the 90's then he is obviously charging below market rent in which case you got a bargain and as such any bargain is going to work out as a great deal whether buying somewhere for way under the value or renting somehwere for way under the value.

HOLA445

Get a grip... no ones wishing for a nuclear war. Maybe you could prove me wrong by linking to someone's post 'wishing' that.

If you want to watch human behavour, go look in the real world! Look at the heard, and the acceptance of spin...

For you reference this site started in Oct 03: http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/wiki/Abou...use_Price_Crash

I believe the forum was updated sometime in between. You can look at old posts way before November, I can look at my very first post here!

HOLA446

Get a grip... no ones wishing for a nuclear war. Maybe you could prove me wrong by linking to someone's post 'wishing' that.

If you want to watch human behavour, go look in the real world! Look at the heard, and the acceptance of spin...

For you reference this site started in Oct 03: http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/wiki/Abou...use_Price_Crash

I believe the forum was updated sometime in between. You can look at old posts way before November, I can look at my very first post here!

Great stuff I'd be interested to read about the mega house price crash coming in the next few months back in October 2003 ;)

HOLA447

Even the South East has only risen 3.91% since Q3 04.

England = 5.97%

Eh? Last time I looked at the BBC figures, which are from the Land Registry, and are supposed to be the ones we should listen to, my area, Bucks, was 10.5% up over the last year and the other area I know well for family reasons, West Berks, was over 8% if I remember correctly. Maybe not everywhere in the SE has increased like that, but I can't believe it's an average of only 3.9% in 2 years.

Archived