House Price Crash Forum

Where's Todays Daily Doommongering On The Ftse?

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

I sold up all my tracker funds yesterday at a small profit. Its going into Cash for a bit until the markets calm down.

Did the same back in may. Fund was doing excellent, then turned! Got out before it went too pear shaped!

HOLA444
HOLA445

Blimey.

I was contrarian and jumped in and bought 3 stocks when the market crashed 6 weeks ago.

8% up

6% up

5% up

:lol:

Yeah but if the Bank of Saturn raise their rates to twelvty million %, you'll be sorry because that will force the Bank of Pluto, mercury and Zorg to do the same. Ineveitably the Bank of England will have to raise IRs in order to crush the economy because ruining the UK economy is what they are about.

But will Gordon let them?

:blink::lol:

HOLA446

Blimey.

I was contrarian and jumped in and bought 3 stocks when the market crashed 6 weeks ago.

8% up

6% up

5% up

:lol:

Wish I'd bought back into DebtMatters - up about 30% since the it crashed 6 weeks back!

DFD up over 25%

:(

HOLA447
HOLA448

Where's Todays Daily Doommongering On The Ftse?

... I was contrarian and jumped in and bought 3 stocks when the market crashed 6 weeks ago.

Donnie, as you well know, the usual ftse doommongers only ever show their heads when the market has already fallen.

Then I / you / Van / DrBubb etc tell them / show them a chart why their doom mongering has come too late.

They then accuse us of being bulls and advise everyone to get out why they still can (like the market has some lock in level), boasting about their contrarian credentials (which amount to no more than, see market fall: look for reasons to explain / bang on about on HPC).

If you want to see doommongers just turn up here after the next terrorist event when put volumes have gone exponential. They'll all be here telling us to sell stocks. But I know what you'll be doing. ;)

Edited by Sledgehead

HOLA449

Everyone looks for an angle. I respect that.

But to be relentleslly bearish about everything...property, shares, gold is just foolish IMO.

I was only winding people up but to be frank the only think that gives me hope in the face of outrageous (and continuingly growing) house prices is that my investments are at least helping me keep apace. If I had relied on waiting and cash savings I would be SO gutted.

HOLA4410

But to be relentleslly bearish about everything...property, shares, gold is just foolish IMO.

I was only winding people up but to be frank the only think that gives me hope in the face of outrageous (and continuingly growing) house prices is that my investments are at least helping me keep apace. If I had relied on waiting and cash savings I would be SO gutted.

I think you inadevtantly make quite a good point. The cash in your bank account is being devalued, money supply is still going up so logically wouldn't it make sense to put it into an asset (yes, even property) until the central banks start to claw it back?

HOLA4411

Thats a good point. When I STM'd in late 2003 in the US I invested a good chunk in the markets and they more than kept up with the final year of the HPi in the states. But recently........................................... :ph34r:

DJ INDUSTR AVERAGE (DJI:^DJI) Edit

Index Value: 11,152.94

Trade Time: 3:54PM

Change: Down 72.36 (0.64%)

Prev Close: 11,225.30

Open: 11,224.18

Day's Range: 11,130.13 - 11,224.18

52wk Range: 10,098.20 - 11,709.10

Volume: 77,161,728

Not sure if this is on the jobs data (weak) or the rise in job inflation (wages up). Most likely an indication of no let up in rate hikes. They are headed for recession over there that is for sure. Watch out for the sneezes as they hit us over here.

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/07072006/323/adds-...gn-cooling.html

The bulk of new June job creation came from the public sector which added 31,000 new positions, followed by professional services which added 25,000 jobs, health care which picked up 19,000 new posts, and manufacturing which netted 15,000 new positions.
"It's very much a mixed bag. There are many in the markets who are watching these numbers, hoping for signs that the Fed can rest easily where it is today and if you're looking for those things you will find them in today's report," Tannenbaum added.
Offsetting the gains, 4,000 construction positions were shed last month, while 6,600 information positions were lost and 1,000 publishing and telecommunication positions were eliminated down.
A total 7,900 temporary help positions were also shed last month.

Looks like a mild recession to me.

Edited by Realistbear

HOLA4412

Well seeing as you asked for it. The FTSE is clearly overvalued and has been driven up above affordable levels by 'Buy to Sell' investors. These scumbags buy shares in the hope they can sell them at a PROFIT when they have increased in price.

In so doing they price would be FTSBs out of the market - these FTSBs just want to buy a share so they have a share to call their own.

They are, by and large, deluded souls who fail to realise the cyclical nature of markets.

The FTSE is heading back down to its post 9/11 lows as sure as night follows day.

Am I right?

HOLA4413

Well seeing as you asked for it. The FTSE is clearly overvalued and has been driven up above affordable levels by 'Buy to Sell' investors. These scumbags buy shares in the hope they can sell them at a PROFIT when they have increased in price.

In so doing they price would be FTSBs out of the market - these FTSBs just want to buy a share so they have a share to call their own.

They are, by and large, deluded souls who fail to realise the cyclical nature of markets.

The FTSE is heading back down to its post 9/11 lows as sure as night follows day.

Am I right?

The b*stards! I blame Maggie Thatcher!

HOLA4414

Yeah but if the Bank of Saturn raise their rates to twelvty million %, you'll be sorry because that will force the Bank of Pluto, mercury and Zorg to do the same. Ineveitably the Bank of England will have to raise IRs in order to crush the economy because ruining the UK economy is what they are about.

But will Gordon let them?

:blink::lol:

Are you RealistBear in disguise? :lol:

Am I right?

I blame the baby boomers. They bought Marks and Spencer shares for threepence in 1958, now they want a tenner for them.