House Price Crash Forum

£100,000 Savings - But Low Income

HOLA441
HOLA442

If I had a spare £100K I would buy 2 X BTL terraced houses in a university town- preferrably outside of South East. If you take Leicester as an example- you can pick up a 2-3 bed victorian house for around £120K- they give above average yields (£1000 approx. per month). You should probably check admission rates at the respective universities and see which ones are expanding. This will likely point you in the direction of an under supply scenario.

After about 3 years (& barring an HPC) I would re-mortgage and get another couple and so on.

HOLA443
HOLA444
ffs people, Rikk lad here has necro'd an 8 month old thread.

8 months to think up the supersize plane reply was sharp btw. I think l cut my eyes reading it.

btw have you spent your "100k" yet?

Inheritance, Ive only recently received it - alot more than i expected too - bloody solicitors.

Ive had plenty of time to research and learn though - i'll be buying within 6 weeks - hopefully - I'll update you all then.

I am confident about all my options - just depends on timing with regards to everything else - will the pound stay strong for a few more weeks? I think so.

Edited by Rikk03

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
Those countries where finance is hard to acquire currently should be insulated from big price falls - with those same countries insulated somewhat against job losses since many international companies are relocating to these areas (job losses will be in home countries - higher wage bills).

I

I donth think this is true of much of eastern Europe - especially Bulgaria etc

HOLA448