House Price Crash Forum

The Whole Country Is Just One Great Big Sham!

HOLA441

A bit off topic, but it made me laugh & I think it's following the same crazy path of ignoring the truth & sticking your head in the sand mentality that seems to be prevalent in the UK today.

Despite the VI propaganda:

We know the economy is far from booming;

We know that the housing market has lost touch with reality;

We know that the inflation figures being fudged to look lower than they really are;

Well now womens clothes have been "economised" too & have fallen foul of the same manipulation as well. The missus went shopping earlier to buy some clothes for the nice weather, & found, to her astonishment, that she could no longer fit into a size 12. Even a size 10 was a bit too baggy. And she hasn't lost an ounce.

Thats right, as people are getting noticably fatter, the clothes manufacturers have changed the sizes so that my size 12 wife now needs to buy a size 8 to get something that fits her! According to the shop assistant it's to make people feel better about themselves - D'oh! Do shoppers really have such a limited mentality?

As a side issue, has anyone noticed the increasing number of young girls wearing crop tops with a great big beer type gut hanging out for all to see - have they no Shame !!!!! Vicki Pollard is multiplying!

HOLA442

Thats right, as people are getting noticably fatter, the clothes manufacturers have changed the sizes so that my size 12 wife now needs to buy a size 8 to get something that fits her! According to the shop assistant it's to make people feel better about themselves - D'oh! Do shoppers really have such a limited mentality?

Yes. Next question.

Billy Shears

HOLA443
HOLA444

Its the Miracle Economy. You lower IR to ramp HPI and remove all borrowing restrictions to keep it going. The greater the HPI the greater the MEW to fuel the economy that keeps HPI going.

Its economic perpetual motion. It's nemesis is IR hikes something Gordon didn't count on in his miracle economy that was supposed to propel him from No. 11 into No. 10 amid the glowing adulation of the populace.

BUt in the real world........ :D

HOLA445

As a side issue, has anyone noticed the increasing number of young girls wearing crop tops with a great big beer type gut hanging out for all to see - have they no Shame !!!!! Vicki Pollard is multiplying!

Never been a fan of that look and am not even sure who or how it started. :unsure:

HOLA446

Maybe house prices could be changed so ordinary people can afford somewhere to live :lol:

HOLA447

Well now womens clothes have been "economised" too & have fallen foul of the same manipulation as well. The missus went shopping earlier to buy some clothes for the nice weather, & found, to her astonishment, that she could no longer fit into a size 12. Even a size 10 was a bit too baggy. And she hasn't lost an ounce.

Maybe she really does need that size 10.. :lol::lol::lol:

HOLA448
HOLA449

Yes. It offends my eye, and should be made illegal - I have been harping on about it for some time.

Nothing against girls of larger girth, but come on, your not doing me or you any favours...

:rolleyes:

HOLA4410