House Price Crash Forum

Election Day

HOLA441

we know were all paying the price of the current mess. housing is next to impossible for the under 40s. unreal situation as regards fair accomodation. a crazy debt based economy and out of control public spending for little service improvment.

but. think about it.

who else can we vote for that can do any better. ?

tories ?

bnp ?

libs ?

as much i hate the situation nl are in and as much as i feel its not ideal, i cant see a favourable alternative thats going to treeat us any better. i think the core thinking behind cheap lending was to boost the economy, yet the british PUBLIC are the ones who took this to mean monopolise a generations housing. its not all new labs fault. i would urge you to still vote for them in the coming elections - even though the current situation is not perfect. it could, and has been much much worse.

i just dont see a better deal from the others.

HOLA442

Yes lets send a message to NU LAbour Scum "murdering over a 100,000 innocent Iraqi citizens in our name is just fine" keep up the good work phoney. Keep FUUcking up the economy 'Crash' Gordon.

Keep packing the country with hundreds of thousands of immigrants each and every year, especially criminal gangs.

FUUck the environment and wildlife at every opportunity.

Lies, deceipt and more lies!!

NU LAbour SCUM!!!

What ever you do, don't vote Nu LAbour SCUM

HOLA443

Treat us any better?

That's the crux of it IMO. We the people vote them in, then they have years to do as they please with us. We allow it through inaction. They're simply more organised than we are.

What kind of democracy is it when you read in the papers that just after this election Labour will announce it's new policy of taxing houses at 0.78% of the value of the house?

What kind of system do we allow to exist where the politicians tell us what they plan after they've got power?

Madness.

HOLA444
HOLA445

The question would be who is worse. By not voting or voting for NuLabour simply because everybody else is the same you are simply giving them license to carry on, in other words "I happy with what you are doing".

Despite the fact they may well be just the same it seems odd to me that people totally dismiss the Liberals without actually giving them the chance.

In my opinion if you don't turn up to vote (not saying thats what you suggest), even if it's just to spoil your ballot paper, you have no cause to complain about politics.

HOLA446

it seems odd to me that people totally dismiss the Liberals without actually giving them the chance.

Absolutely.

I will be voting Lib Dem.

There is no way I would support Labour and the Tories in Redbridge are more interested in infighting than running the council to the point that they lost the council to a minority Labour/Lib Dem administration for a short while last year because they couldn't agree on a leader! :o

HOLA447
Guest Guy_Montag

The question would be who is worse. By not voting or voting for NuLabour simply because everybody else is the same you are simply giving them license to carry on, in other words "I happy with what you are doing".

Despite the fact they may well be just the same it seems odd to me that people totally dismiss the Liberals without actually giving them the chance.

In my opinion if you don't turn up to vote (not saying thats what you suggest), even if it's just to spoil your ballot paper, you have no cause to complain about politics.

Seconded!!!

HOLA448

What kind of democracy is it when you read in the papers that just after this election Labour will announce it's new policy of taxing houses at 0.78% of the value of the house?

Really is that something that is being considered? It's what happens in the US right now but more like 1.2% of the homes value per year with no cap.

HOLA449
Guest Guy_Montag

If this is a replacement to cooncil tax. Fantastic, if it's an extra tax. ****.

HOLA4410

we know were all paying the price of the current mess. housing is next to impossible for the under 40s. unreal situation as regards fair accomodation. a crazy debt based economy and out of control public spending for little service improvment.

but. think about it.

who else can we vote for that can do any better. ?

tories ?

bnp ?

libs ?

as much i hate the situation nl are in and as much as i feel its not ideal, i cant see a favourable alternative thats going to treeat us any better. i think the core thinking behind cheap lending was to boost the economy, yet the british PUBLIC are the ones who took this to mean monopolise a generations housing. its not all new labs fault. i would urge you to still vote for them in the coming elections - even though the current situation is not perfect. it could, and has been much much worse.

You may as well pat Labour filth on the back for letting all those foreign criminals loose, tell them well done for everything they've ruined!!

The Tories will be a million times better than the present stinking shower of sh1t excuse for a Government.

Even if Labour had good policies the country would still be a c0ck up!! If you look into the history of government in this country, Labour always left the economy in ruins leaving the next poor b*ggers to pick up the pieces!!

Dare I say, even the Lib Dems would be better than Labour!

Archived