House Price Crash Forum

M&S are told NO!

HOLA441
HOLA442

I was up there a few weeks ago. This shop is meant to be M&S's Flag Ship store. It was dire and if they don't knock it down they need to refurbish it fast. 

It does seem a bit unfair not to let them knock it down and start again as walking along Oxford Street there was plenty of ongoing redevelopment. 

HOLA443

Its really a strange system when the owner needs to ask government permission on what to do with its own building. All these planning laws are just a huge corruption scheme that artificially restricts supply of quality buildings for both commercial and residential purpose. The owner of land should be able to build whatever they want as long as the project fulfils some basic criteria like height, purpose etc.

HOLA444
HOLA445

The alternative plans for the mock-Tudor building were of course approved, including the privies over the street below. Backwards Britain.

Last time I visited this store I was searching for a prawn sandwich in the basement.

HOLA446