House Price Crash Forum

Hometrack 0.4% Feb

HOLA441

http://www.residentiallandlord.co.uk/news630.htm

* House prices have risen by 0.4 per cent in February according to the latest survey from Hometrack. This is the third consecutive month the housing research and data company has reported house price growth, although the February rise was the highest monthly rise since June 2004.

‘A key driver of higher house price inflation over February has been a surge in the number of new buyers coming into the market’

However, it is a general shortage of homes for sale that really underpins the growth in average values over the last month

HOLA442

http://www.residentiallandlord.co.uk/news630.htm

* House prices have risen by 0.4 per cent in February according to the latest survey from Hometrack. This is the third consecutive month the housing research and data company has reported house price growth, although the February rise was the highest monthly rise since June 2004.

‘A key driver of higher house price inflation over February has been a surge in the number of new buyers coming into the market’

However, it is a general shortage of homes for sale that really underpins the growth in average values over the last month

the problem re-emerges - one person buys a house so the next house in the road has to be valued at 10% more - ok, i exagerate slightly but the long and short of it is that EAs and vendors are greedy bar-tenders

HOLA443

the problem re-emerges - one person buys a house so the next house in the road has to be valued at 10% more - ok, i exagerate slightly but the long and short of it is that EAs and vendors are greedy bar-tenders

Bar stewards?

Or am I behind the times on post-modern rhyming slang?

HOLA444
HOLA445

The Rightmove statistics were shot through by government figures showing a slow-down in January so it will be interesting if Hometrack's "up up and away" claims are similarly shot down by un-spun figures.

Personally, I think the VIs are getting very desparate as the market is on the knife edge right now. With Japan tightening world credit on 9th March the cheap money train is about to derail.

Edited by Realistbear

HOLA446

I think there's little doubt that prices ARE rising at the moment in most areas. It's not a straight line down.. this bounce is still driven by the last IR cut (which goes to show just how sensitive sentiment is to IRs at these levels), given further legs by the usual seasonal factors.

I think sentiment will be on the slide again in 6 months times, with Fed rates likely to be at 5%.