• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
Guest wrongmove

Well, affordability certainly isn't an issue going by this thread !

Deposit: 10-15%

Requirement: Slightly above average for region, about average nationally

Strategy: Carry on renting. I think this will be a bad Spring for bears, but I don't know after that. I believe that either interest rates will stay low, and real prices will stay flat (say 40% probability), or, IRs will rise and real prices will fall (50%), or, our ecxonomy will slowly converge with Europe, and IRs may drop further causing further HPI (10%). I like renting and don't think I have too much to lose. I can wait until the next recession. If I hated renting, I would strongly consider buying now, or later this year.

HOLA444

Yes, I'm slightly perturbed by the amount of cash being saved here! Some of you have monster sized deposits whilst still very young. It makes me wonder how 'stretched' this country is after all.

People here are possibly exceptions, rather than the rule. This is a contrarian website after all, and is probably not representative. I should imagine that the people here with such deposits are loathed to just hand them over on a plate to some home owners who have done feck all over the past four years and have enjoyed Alan Greenspan's money printing spree whilst the HPC savers have worked hard for their savings.

Sorry to call you a bunch of "hard workers"; I'm beginning to sound like one of those patronising bas*ard New Labour wan*ers.

:D

HOLA445