House Price Crash Forum

Anecdotal Stuff

HOLA441

Girly night out, chats about the people you are pally with at work.

First girl up for discussion, lives with my friend who I was out with, gets paid after tax £1150 (worked out on calculator - oh so sad am I)

She pays £300 to friend for house share, has £240 per month left over to spend on food, car and anything else. Went on holiday spending £2000 on her own because everyone else is going away and 'she deserves it'.

She goes out with a guy at our workplace who hs bought a sports car on tick. Pays £500 a month on HPI, £100 insurance and has not much left over but thankfully lives in his mums council flat free gratis whilst she is shacked up with new beau. Must only be paid about £1000 pm.

Another friend has left uni about three years ago, owes £30,000 from uni course and car.

Older colleague who works hard and has to advertise herself on matchmaking website to get fellas.

All bar the older colleague are quickly advancing to 30 with no end in sight.

This is not the exeptions but seemingly the rule, me and friend despair cos we have been good, but what are the benefits? Her friend has claimed IVA, why don't we all go crazy and just "Live the dream'?

HOLA442

i too work with financial numbties. however being in my late 30's i remember the same rank stupidity. people didnt have university debts-mainly because the majority didnt go.however the free spender of the 80's took till abou 93-94 to get out of jail. some of my friends have had to lie on morrtgage applications to get a house. they have had to sweat for 10 years because they had previously had their houses repossed.

just remember he who laugh last laughs longest

HOLA443

I work with a lot of financial fools.

About 4months ago a colleagues mortgage was up for renewal, and he was saying what fixed mortgage was best at the time. Later in the process he asked my opinion, and I agreed the mortgage he chosen was a good deal (can't remember which)...

... until he told me his mortgage was for £40k. I then said you will loose out with the transfer costs, it will be best to stay with the Nationwide.

What surprised me is he never even thought about the transfer costs in the first place. He was taken in by everyone in our office spouting he needs to get the best APR rate!

HOLA444

Girly night out, chats about the people you are pally with at work.

First girl up for discussion, lives with my friend who I was out with, gets paid after tax £1150 (worked out on calculator - oh so sad am I)

She pays £300 to friend for house share, has £240 per month left over to spend on food, car and anything else. Went on holiday spending £2000 on her own because everyone else is going away and 'she deserves it'.

She goes out with a guy at our workplace who hs bought a sports car on tick. Pays £500 a month on HPI, £100 insurance and has not much left over but thankfully lives in his mums council flat free gratis whilst she is shacked up with new beau. Must only be paid about £1000 pm.

Another friend has left uni about three years ago, owes £30,000 from uni course and car.

Older colleague who works hard and has to advertise herself on matchmaking website to get fellas.

All bar the older colleague are quickly advancing to 30 with no end in sight.

This is not the exeptions but seemingly the rule, me and friend despair cos we have been good, but what are the benefits? Her friend has claimed IVA, why don't we all go crazy and just "Live the dream'?

Did you get totally wasted by any chance?

HOLA445