Tax Abuser Of The Week

dog

HOLA441

Tax abuser of the week

Strategic Director - Children and Young People

Nottinghamshire County Council

Nottinghamshire

Circa £125,000 pa

We need now is an ambitious and determined professional to join our strategic directorate team and bring vision, make the decisions that matter, and provide the leadership that counts.

Gross tax abuser (repeat)

Chief Executive

Birmingham City Council

West Midlands

£195k

Chief Executive is required.

Gross tax abuser (repeat)

Chief Executive

Isle of Wight Council

Hampshire & Isle of Wight

£150,000

We need is a Chief Executive who can unlock that potential, set the right tone and culture for the organisation, break through internal obstacles where necessary, and unlock (unleash, even) the capacity within a talented and proven leader.

Quango abuser of the week

Appointment of Chief Executive

BECTA

Midlands

£150,000

The Chair of Becta, Andrew Pinder, and the Department of Education and Skills are seeking to appoint a successor to Owen Lynch who is stepping down as Chief Executive.

Most pointless job of the week

Director of Corporate and Customer Services

Bracknell Forest Borough Council

Berkshire

Director of Corporate and Customer Services £96k - £104k per annum plus benefits

From Vision to Delivery

Other tax abusers

Chief Executive

West Midlands Local Government Association

West Midlands

£115k

We are looking for an outstanding individual to lead the West Midlands Regional Partnership, which includes the West Midlands Regional Assembly and the West Midlands Local Government Association.

Executive Director

Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council

Lancashire

£107,000

Your main task will be to plan and oversee strategy in a specific programme area. The programme area which you occupy may well not relate to your existing professional background.

Director of Corporate and Customer Servicesx is required.

Chief Executive

Wigan and Leigh Housing

Greater Manchester

c.£100k plus benefits

At a more strategic level you will be a pivotal member of the wider, mutually supportive and joined-up leadership of the borough; benefiting all our citizens and contributing to the Council's 'excellent' performance rating.

Chief Executive

Woking Borough Council

Surrey

£100,000

If you think you have the qualities to sustain our success as a strong, energetic and inspirational leader, then we need you.

Chief Executive

Rossendale Borough Council

£90k

You'll need a special blend of vision and ability; a close eye for detail to keep us focused, and a leadership style that can capitalise on the energy that's already evident in the organisation.

Director of Community Services

EAST LOTHIAN COUNCIL

Scotland

£98,000 plus benefits

Responsibilities – and opportunities – don’t come much bigger than this – where you can realise your vision for our future, while securing your vision of your own.

HOLA442
Guest Charlie The Tramp

The British Embassy in Iraq.

Two satellite phones were stolen and ran up a 500k telephone bill calling premium line numbers and leaving connected. Calling all over the Middle East at 80p per minute and the phones were only blocked two months after they were stolen. Jack Straw instigated an investigation but the bill will be paid by the taxpayer. WTF, just shows the brains of Diplomats who took two months to cancel the phones and then have the audacity to send the FO the bill. No wonder this country is in a state it is run by complete muppets. :(

HOLA443
Two satellite phones were stolen and ran up a 500k telephone bill calling premium line numbers and leaving connected. Calling all over the Middle East at 80p per minute and the phones were only blocked two months after they were stolen. Jack Straw instigated an investigation but the bill will be paid by the taxpayer. WTF, just shows the brains of Diplomats who took two months to cancel the phones and then have the audacity to send the FO the bill. No wonder this country is in a state it is run by complete muppets.

That probably was a security operation - has worked several times since September 11th, 2001.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

In both Afghanistan and in Iraq bad guys have been blown to bits whilst talking on satellite phones they 'nicked' from Allied troops - funny that. Must have been a surprise!

Also, the same ruse has been used to listen in on bad guys for months on end.

It is just a modern version of what went on in WW2 and in the Cold War.

HOLA447

Dog these prices are going down. The ones that I agreed with you on were at the 200K mark. 150K? I reckon you could get a bit of change out of that, but 100K for a CEO is seems quite reasonable.

Maybe if they were world class MBA's with a history of turning around failing organisations, in reality most council leaders are simply glorified social workers or jobs for the boys types who have no experience of business or contract law.

I reckon a few barbary apes could outwit their decision making abilities.

In both Afghanistan and in Iraq bad guys have been blown to bits whilst talking on satellite phones they 'nicked' from Allied troops - funny that. Must have been a surprise!

Osama now uses a donkey for message delivery, which is fine for a few postcards but not so good when it comes to a batch of AK47's :-

donkey-cart.jpg

Edited by BuyingBear

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Thinking about what will happen to the UK economy if house prices do not fall ...

We carry on selling houses to each other. Gradually the equity gets spent on stuff from China and what is left is debt.

The main industry in the UK is then banking. Only so many people can work for the banks. The banks pay tax to the government.

The government has to create some jobs, well paid enough for people to pay their mortgages. Tax abusers are created!

Maybe we should expect a lot more tax-abusers in the future?

HOLA4413

The British Embassy in Iraq.

Two satellite phones were stolen and ran up a 500k telephone bill calling premium line numbers and leaving connected. Calling all over the Middle East at 80p per minute and the phones were only blocked two months after they were stolen. Jack Straw instigated an investigation but the bill will be paid by the taxpayer. WTF, just shows the brains of Diplomats who took two months to cancel the phones and then have the audacity to send the FO the bill. No wonder this country is in a state it is run by complete muppets. :(

Worked in Iraq have you Charlie? Thought not. Several of my friends have and I can feel some sympathy for them thinking about more than 'where did I leave that phone yesterday? Maybe I ought to cancel it...' when they go to sleep four to a room in a tin-can in the green zone, with only the gentle rythmic crump of incoming mortar fire to keep them awake.

Stupid mistake. Yes surely. Is 'No wonder this country is in a state it is run by complete muppets' a fair conclusion from this little tale? Shurely shum mistake.

HOLA4414

Worked in Iraq have you Charlie? Thought not. Several of my friends have and I can feel some sympathy for them thinking about more than 'where did I leave that phone yesterday? Maybe I ought to cancel it...' when they go to sleep four to a room in a tin-can in the green zone, with only the gentle rythmic crump of incoming mortar fire to keep them awake.

Stupid mistake. Yes surely. Is 'No wonder this country is in a state it is run by complete muppets' a fair conclusion from this little tale? Shurely shum mistake.

oh come on, dont try the 'Guilty Feeling' card. If yolu are there on your own will, you are there are to WORK, full stop

Do they any EXTRA MONEY for being there ?

Edited by CrashCrash

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Dog these prices are going down. The ones that I agreed with you on were at the 200K mark. 150K? I reckon you could get a bit of change out of that, but 100K for a CEO is seems quite reasonable.

To pay £100k for these CEO positions is entirely unreasonable. It is an insult to the tax payers of this country. These "executives" are doing nothing more than lining their own pockets at the tax payers’ expense.

They operate monopoly businesses that are guaranteed by law (try not paying your council taxes to see what happens) yet they have almost no accountability. The people who take up such “jobs” do so simply to enrich themselves with the minimal risk. Regardless of what they do or how well the “services” are delivered they will simply increase the prices (“taxes”) each year as they know their “customers” have no choice but to pay for their services even if they don’t want or use them.

I simply do not understand why the majority of the people on this board think big business is bad but big government is good. Government is the biggest business of them all. At least if I find Tesco objectionable I can withhold my money by taking my business elsewhere if I find the Government objectionable (bombing Women and Children in third world countries springs to mind as one particularly objectionable aspect of this present Government) what choice do I have to withhold money from them?

In healthy democracies the government should be controlled by the citizens not the other way around. The only way to achieve this is to dramatically reduce the size of the government and to reduce the income of the government (through low taxes). Big government breeds laziness, contempt, greed and corruption within it’s employees (as any big monopoly will).

Why do people believe that the Civil Service can deliver good quality and good value services when for DECADES this has proved to not be the case.

HOLA4418

"I'd like another couple of kids," she said. "Why not? It's not easy making the money stretch. They all want the latest gear and Nike trainers and I like Lacoste jumpers.

"Then there's my cigs. I smoke 40 a day and I like vodka and Cokes. You've got to have some pleasures in life."

Yes, just don't expect me to pay for them! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

HOLA4419

"I'd like another couple of kids," she said. "Why not? It's not easy making the money stretch. They all want the latest gear and Nike trainers and I like Lacoste jumpers.

"Then there's my cigs. I smoke 40 a day and I like vodka and Cokes. You've got to have some pleasures in life."

Yes, just don't expect me to pay for them! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Please sir! Please! Tax me some more!

I feel really guilty about not paying enough tax. I mean, I'm a 'have' - I have a car and rent a flat and at the end of the month, about £20 left over to put into savings. What about the 'have-not's? I'm robbing them.

Edited by thx_1138