House Price Crash Forum

The Way Forward

homeless

HOLA441

1. buy a camper van

2.get a wireless internet connection

3.get a 0800 telephone number

4.get a post office box

Now you can roam this pleasant land, each night parking up in some very scenic spot.

you will pay no council tax now, this money instead will probably pay all the costs incurred in your new mobile home

no rent or mortgage, all what you earn is yours

no high household utility bills, a bottle of calor gas and a small diesel generator will see you through

a freeview box ensures your not stuck with 4 channels on tv

and you dont need a car to get you to work in the mornings

outcome: you have beat the system, and done more for house price's crashing than any other thing

HOLA442

1. buy a camper van

4.get a post office box

Now you can roam this pleasant land, each night parking up in some very scenic spot.

you will pay no council tax now, this money instead will probably pay all the costs incurred in your new mobile home

no high household utility bills, a bottle of calor gas and a small diesel generator will see you through

outcome: you have beat the system, and done more for house price's crashing than any other thing

Like Max and Paddy

HOLA443
HOLA444

Become a jipo in other words

You forgot about buy a couple of acres – invite 200 close jipo friends to stay

Sit back and watch the local house prices crash

i get it now

if you only go on holiday in your caravan or camper for a few weeks and weekends a year you are a upstanding citizen, but if you live in it permanent your a disgrace to society?

get real and get over your middle class affliction.

drastic house prices and taxes will soon make this a cool option for a huge number of people, and not just for them that tar your drive.

Edited by homeless

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

1. buy a camper van

4.get a post office box

Erm...you aren't that strange guy who keeps parking down the road from where I work, are you? If so, please put some clothes on! :blink:

HOLA448
HOLA449

So you think it’s fair that everyone pays council tax so that you get a fire service / police etc.

Taxes aren’t fun but everyone should pay them (or their share)

why?

they dont pay there fair share now fair share is % of income but many pay a bigger percentage than others, so whats fair about that?

i prefer to look after myself and i will do them a deal, they dont ask me for anything and i wont ask them

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

So you think it’s fair that everyone pays council tax so that you get a fire service / police etc. Taxes aren’t fun but everyone should pay them (or their share) [look to the past]

Around 75% of local authority funding is paid from general taxation so almost everyone makes some contribution (even people on benefits). Since property values are greatly enhanced by the provision of made up roads, street lighting, rubbish collection, pest control services, access to local schools, etc., etc. it seems reasonable to me that property owners who benefit financially should contribute a bit more for those local services (this also helps to moderate house prices). The fundamental problem with Council Tax is that it's much too high because local authorities have become far too big and bloated. Radical reform is needed to cut them down to size and make them more accountable.

HOLA4412

The whole point of travellers seems to be fu*k every one else – I’m alright

My experience of the travelling thieves is from when they took over tesco’s

You look after yourself – but don’t ask for respect for it, as you won’t get it

so you think because i suggest living in a camper van as an alternative to paying inflated rents/mortgages makes me a thief?

i pay my taxes, i even hire people and they pay taxes too, you sound like your typical nimby

when we have a situation like we have now in this country, it often calls for drastic measures to change it.

so if there is a housing shortage then lets not burden it with our presence.

it the reason people like you cant look at other options and feel obliged and too embarrased to try something else, that we got in this problem in the first place.And councils and landlords and everyone else feeding from the trough of house price inflation know it.

my suggestion is a way to take the "got you over a barrel" attitude away

HOLA4413

1. buy a camper van

4.get a post office box

buy a barge in a canal or river,classier and roomier.

HOLA4414

1. buy a camper van

4.get a post office box

Hey Homeless, don't just live the dream, SELL the dream.

Set up a business selling camper vans to all your converts! :lol:

so you think because i suggest living in a camper van as an alternative to paying inflated rents/mortgages makes me a thief?

my suggestion is a way to take the "got you over a barrel" attitude away

It might be cheaper (and cosier) to rent a room in a shared house...

HOLA4415

no need for an exposure suit, just get one of these

http://www.espar.co.uk/prod03.htm

or fit a wood burner - gets rid of the condensation and free fuel as an added bonus.

A friend of mine from uni lives on a converted barge up near cambridge, bought for £14,000ish about 3 years ago. He's completely done it up and it looks superb, plus very warm with a coal burner tucked away in the corner. I think he pays around £1000 p.a. for mooring fees in a marina with parking/showers/electrical hook up etc and don't think he pays council tax. It seems a pretty social environment to live in (most of the other berths near him are longer term stays or full time residents) and surprisingly lunatic free - most of the other people there are pretty regular folks with jobs.

For the wages he earns life (paramedic so nothing amazing in the money stakes) , he has a very enviable quality of and I would say is surrounded by a much better community atmosphere than most. I have and am seriously considering following in his footsteps if this crash takes much longer to crystallise.

HOLA4416

A camper van sounds like too much effort, I'm just going to carry on living in your loft and hope that nobody finds me.

P.S. thanks for leaving that twix out for me last night, the cat food wasn't bad either.

<_<

HOLA4417

A camper van sounds like too much effort, I'm just going to carry on living in your loft and hope that nobody finds me.

P.S. thanks for leaving that twix out for me last night, the cat food wasn't bad either.

<_<

The last time I was in a camper van was on New Year's Eve about 4 years ago. Seemed a really good idea to park up with some mates in this van less than 200yds from the city centre clubs etc.

No worries about taxis etc just stagger back and crash out.

Trouble was it was FREEZING when we got back at around 4am.

The beds were CRAP (this was a large camper van as well, not a VW) and the bog was worse.

We woke up to a damp and freezing van the next day. The TV didn't work because the battery was flat and the sodding generator was too cold to start up. Had to sit in the bl00dy thing for most of the next day shivering and hungover until the owner/driver was sober enough to take us home.

I can look back and laugh now but there is NO WAY I would want to live in one of those things!

HOLA4418

RobertPaulson wrote;

"no need for an exposure suit, just get one of these

http://www.espar.co.uk/prod03.htm

or fit a wood burner - gets rid of the condensation and free fuel as an added bonus.

A friend of mine from uni lives on a converted barge up near cambridge, bought for £14,000ish about 3 years ago. He's completely done it up and it looks superb, plus very warm with a coal burner tucked away in the corner. I think he pays around £1000 p.a. for mooring fees in a marina with parking/showers/electrical hook up etc and don't think he pays council tax. It seems a pretty social environment to live in (most of the other berths near him are longer term stays or full time residents) and surprisingly lunatic free - most of the other people there are pretty regular folks with jobs.

For the wages he earns life (paramedic so nothing amazing in the money stakes) , he has a very enviable quality of and I would say is surrounded by a much better community atmosphere than most. I have and am seriously considering following in his footsteps if this crash takes much longer to crystallise."

I know several people living on boats - it is an option I am seriously considering. A lot of the ones I have seen make fantastic homes and are cosy in the winter. The boating community as a whole is, as you said, suprisingly lunatic free - for most its a lifestyle choice, and a lot are professionals. In fact a lot of the time they are a lot more interesting than the big brother watching burbites living in front of TV sets. I have been fortunate enough to have been subject to their hospitality on more than one occasion, and it is a very social environment.