House Price Crash Forum

Pinterest

Bruce Banner

HOLA441

All too frequently, when I search for an image using google, up pops "Pinterest" inviting me to sign in with my google account. It's like a virus and has been annoying the hell out of me. A bit of searching revealed that I am not alone.

The solution seems to be to add "-pinterest" to the end of the google search request. This can be added to your default search engine in your browser (at least with Chrome), ie  Default browser "google.co.uk - pinterest" and pinterest is excluded from all search results.

Job jobbed :D

HOLA442
HOLA443

or just seacrh w/o a google account / logging in to one , that way you can see what they are offering. You can download the image simply by copying the image location in the preview pane and pasting it to a new tab.

it also allows you to see other images like the pintrest one, images that are downloadable  w/o a ptest acc

HOLA444

Except that I need to be signed into my Google account for some other things to work, although I don't sign into Chrome unless I need to migrate settings. 

Since blocking Pinterest, I find that I get a better choice of images as Pinterest and Google seem to collude to stamp on other image sources.

I also strongly object to being presented with a click button, with my google email address and password, already filled in when landing on Pinterest.

I use Firefox for some browsing where I have Duckduckgo set up as my default search engine. Horses for courses.

HOLA445
3 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

Since blocking Pinterest, I find that I get a better choice of images as Pinterest and Google seem to collude to stamp on other image sources.

In that case I'll give it a go. Cheers

Archived