House Price Crash Forum

Home not selling so let's leverage us further

Freki

HOLA441
16 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Each to their own. I just wouldn't be planning on family to pay for my poor financial decisions by impinging on their space.

I'm not planning on it. It's a contingency. Just like I'm not planning on dying, but I have life insurance. They do have an awful lot of space though, and a jolly nice house. I think they enjoy having me there too. My parents are always inviting me back. 

Do tell me all about my poor financial decisions today. Being such an expert you'll of course be aware that nobody can predict the future so whether or not buying a house at this moment proves to be a good or poor decision remains to be seen. Incidentally, on whose framework should we judge my decision? Yours, when it has no bearing on me and you have virtually no understanding of my financial position, or perhaps the person far more than capable of making a financial decision and judging it...... me?

Since I'm clearly making some poor financial decisions perhaps, in your munificence, you'd be so good as to put me on the right track? When should I buy if not now? Next year? Year after? What if i'm at the age whereby I can't get a full term mortgage and have to settle for a smaller property in a cheaper area? What if the area I'm buying in is having millions spent on it in regeneration and new roads which might make it less affordable in a few years? How long have you been thinking now isn't the time to buy?

HOLA442
17 hours ago, spyguy said:

The overstreched of 2007 have had 10 years of zilch IRs to pay down the mortgage.

If they are not saved by that then they are fcked.

Sadly new people have been getting overstretched.  The zero IRs should have had lending controls so that people didn't borrow amounts they could only afford to repay at current low rates.

HOLA443
14 hours ago, adarmo said:

I'm not planning on it. It's a contingency. Just like I'm not planning on dying, but I have life insurance. They do have an awful lot of space though, and a jolly nice house. I think they enjoy having me there too. My parents are always inviting me back. 

Do tell me all about my poor financial decisions today. Being such an expert you'll of course be aware that nobody can predict the future so whether or not buying a house at this moment proves to be a good or poor decision remains to be seen. Incidentally, on whose framework should we judge my decision? Yours, when it has no bearing on me and you have virtually no understanding of my financial position, or perhaps the person far more than capable of making a financial decision and judging it...... me?

Since I'm clearly making some poor financial decisions perhaps, in your munificence, you'd be so good as to put me on the right track? When should I buy if not now? Next year? Year after? What if i'm at the age whereby I can't get a full term mortgage and have to settle for a smaller property in a cheaper area? What if the area I'm buying in is having millions spent on it in regeneration and new roads which might make it less affordable in a few years? How long have you been thinking now isn't the time to buy?

I wasn't suggesting your specific house might be a poor financial decision. I was merely thinking in general terms that whatever people do these days, if it goes wrong, they seem to expect someone else to bail them out. 

HOLA444
51 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

I wasn't suggesting your specific house might be a poor financial decision. I was merely thinking in general terms that whatever people do these days, if it goes wrong, they seem to expect someone else to bail them out. 

I seem to have got the wrong end of the stick. I apologise. 

HOLA445