http://freeserve.advfn.com/news_BoE-s-Giev...s_13940868.html

Extracts Below

" the Bank of England's rate-setting Monetary Policy

Committee is keeping a close eye on wages. The MPC gets particularly concerned

about the inflation impact of wage growth when average earnings are rising by

4.5 pct or more. Latest figures suggest earnings are rising at below 4 pct."

Elsewhere, Gieve, who will be in charge of financial stability at the Bank,

fended off accusations from Conservative MP Michael Fallon that the MPC is

becoming a "retirement home for Treasury mandarins...... Fallon also queried the independence of the nine-member rate-setting body, given that the Chancellor of the Exchequer Gordon Brown appoints more than half the members of the MPC, these being the four external members, the two deputy

governors and the governor himself. "It's not for me to criticise the way I've been appointed but of course

there are other ways of doing it," said Gieve. In addition, Gieve conceded his lack of experience on financial matters,when compared with Large."I haven't been in this field for the best part of five years and I have

some catching up to do," he said."

HOLA442

In addition, Gieve conceded his lack of experience on financial matters,when compared with Large."I haven't been in this field for the best part of five years and I have

Expectations of interest rate cuts are soooo last year, don't you know?

HOLA443
HOLA444

Gieve conceded his lack of experience on financial matters,when compared with Large."I haven't been in this field for the best part of five years and I have

I wouldn't worry my good man, like all good patsies you are about to be taught an extremely important lesson, one which you will never forget.

HOLA445
HOLA446

The media STILL swamp Brown with praise for his ingenious 'independen' MPC idea

It's curious, but in a way that's a good thing, when they are all shown up to be a bunch of hopless clowns and placemen Brown cannot hope to pass the buck... people will automatically ask who decided it was a good idea to put them in charge of this stuff in the first place and who appointed half of the buffoons.

Brown may think the MPC is a useful shield to deflect blame but it will be a fickle one when people look beyond that.

Edited by BuyingBear

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Am I the only one who thought this was going to be some Archers spoilers? and was ready to get angry since I hadn't listened to the omnibus yet.

[Tumbleweed exits stage left]

OK - just me then :rolleyes:

no you are not alone in this!

perhaps "boe" is a mate of jazzer's from Felpersham or something...:P

anyway now caroline is selling the Bull perhaps sid, joeline (sp) and fallon will be exiting stage left very soon..

HOLA4410

The media STILL swamp Brown with praise for his ingenious 'independent' MPC idea

Mandleson seems happy to have a go at Brown, we just need a few more high profile MPs to help the public wake up to Browns destruction of the UK economy:

Mandy slaps Gordon again

GORDON Brown was livid last night as arch-enemy Peter Mandelson tried to ruin his chance of being Prime Minister.

Bitter Mandy questioned whether the Chancellor should take over from Tony Blair. He hailed new Tory chief David Cameron as showing “echoes of Blair”.

And he hinted that Labour would benefit from skipping a generation to install a younger successor to the PM........