House Price Crash Forum

Boscombe - portfolio unload

200p

HOLA441
HOLA442

As a side note, perhaps we need to pay the banks to keep branches open. It is an important confidence trick - if you see a bank closing which has been there for many years, suddenly shut, there will be a ripple effect.

HOLA443
35 minutes ago, 200p said:

As a side note, perhaps we need to pay the banks to keep branches open. It is an important confidence trick - if you see a bank closing which has been there for many years, suddenly shut, there will be a ripple effect.

I'm not sure who "we" are in this context but if it includes me I would like to opt out! Don't want to pay banks for anything and certainly not for just existing. 

HOLA444
41 minutes ago, 200p said:

They are closing the Natwest bank down there too. I wonder if the Surf Reef is working out?

Most have a tenant in situ - yields circa 5%

/property-39221835.html

I'm local and am reliably informed the Surf Reef was last seen as a pile of rotten sacking and sand discreetly tucked away in a yard. It was a 3 million pound disaster, predicted at concept stage by all the local surfers. Nobody, as you would expect, carried the can for the ****-up. The company who installed it can't be found, surprisingly.

HOLA445

I'm impressed they managed to get some tramp-free photos of the exterior. Boscombe's quite, err, interesting. I've narrowly escaped two fights in that vicinity.

The google street view dated May 2016 shows a hefty brace of EA signs outside that building. The recent transfer history of those flats could be interesting.

HOLA446
1 hour ago, 200p said:

Haha the first few are owned by an EA.

What's curious is that the yields vary even in the same building 6% to 8.8% is almost a 50% difference.

This means the EA owner is not pricing on yield but on a comparable property basis which makes more sense for OO than for a LL

On the good side EA owner shows service charge, ground rent, lease length. This is rare. So he would do that for  his own gaff but not for anyone elses?

HOLA447
5 hours ago, ebull said:

Haha the first few are owned by an EA.

What's curious is that the yields vary even in the same building 6% to 8.8% is almost a 50% difference.

This means the EA owner is not pricing on yield but on a comparable property basis which makes more sense for OO than for a LL

On the good side EA owner shows service charge, ground rent, lease length. This is rare. So he would do that for  his own gaff but not for anyone elses?

How can the studio have £1500 pa maintenance cost.  Do they demolish and rebuild the whole place from scratch every few years?!

HOLA448