House Price Crash Forum

Mortgage approvals up.

HOLA441
15 hours ago, zugzwang said:

A rate hike now would cost 200,000 jobs and benefit almost nobody, says Bank of England policymaker Jerkoff Valiantly.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/11/28/rate-hike-now-would-cost-200000-jobs-says-bank-england-policymaker/

I thought the BoEs remit was to target inflation, not employment figures.  When was their remit changed?

HOLA442
11 hours ago, GreenDevil said:

Had a number of viewings this week with a few agents. Apparently a lot of chains are breaking. This causing a real slowdown now. Stuff is sticking. BTL is a thing if the past. Their diaries are empty, I can get a viewing any day any time. It might be time to try a really low ball offer... Something like 25%... I mentioned I was in rented chain free, had my hand bitten off. HPCer on a bargain hunt.

Left a message with an agent explaining similar personal circumstances and that I would be a cash buyer, with funds in an easy access account. Put in offer of 75% of asking price. No-one's got back to me.

HOLA443