House Price Crash Forum

Inflation

AteMoose

HOLA441
HOLA442

given the current trend with fruit leading the inflationary push, and electronics permanantly dropping in price, will we ever come to a point when a melon costs more than a DVD player

In the future you will just be given a DVD containing a selection of still pictures of fruit, I'm told this is already apparent on some DVD's but I'm stumped :huh:

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

The main "joke" going round about increased fruit prices bears a lot of truth.

Quite simply, exotic fruit prices remain the same.

Its the cost of shipping and storing that has increased (and will continue to increase) as the oil price increases.

PGST - Permanent Global Summer Time - where summer fruits are available all year round is soon to end.

ON that note, summer fruits will abviously be cheaper in summer when they are grown in our own hemisphere, not shipped in from Thailand or Brazil or somewhere.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

No they won't.

Well sony's Blu - ray and Toshibas HDDVD are out soon. They will look the same as DVD's though so ignorant people may well call them DVD's, these fools will be up sh*t creek, as they are incompatible with each other.

Fool: Why won't my new Rocky 7 DVD play? whaah waah.

man: That's not a DVD you moron that's a HDDVD.

Fool: What it looks the same as all my other DVD's.

man: Well it's not you will need a HDDVD player to play that.

Que the fool going to Dixons and buying a shiny new Sony blu-ray player, leaving him still unable to play his new Rocky 7 HDDVD, you have been warned..

Click here

Oh sorry took me ages to type this :)

Edited by ?...!

HOLA4410

Well sony's Blu - ray and Toshibas HDDVD are out soon. They will look the same as DVD's though so ignorant people may well call them DVD's, these fools will be up sh*t creek, as they are incompatible with each other.

Fool: Why won't my new Rocky 7 DVD play? whaah waah.

man: That's not a DVD you moron that's a HDDVD.

Fool: What it looks the same as all my other DVD's.

man: Well it's not you will need a HDDVD player to play that.

Que the fool going to Dixons and buying a shiny new Sony blu-ray player, leaving him still unable to play his new Rocky 7 HDDVD, you have been warned..

Click here

Oh sorry took me ages to type this :)

It will only be a matter of time and we will be watching movies in super high definition in real time as they come across the internet. In not too many years I will be surprised to see much media (e.g. cd's, dvd's) about as they will all be made obsolete. People will just download to hard disk keep for a few days or when the life of the download expires this will be true for audio as is it happening already.

I am amazed why we need more space on dvd's. I rarely bother with the extra crap anyway! Also using MPEG4 - movies can be the same quality as dvd but only occupy 700mb of data and fit onto a normal CD!!

Old technology will probably be worth something in 30 years time to collectors. Keep your players and media - old vinyl, cd's etc. Perhaps I should sell my laserdisc player and discs now? The crazy thing is I bought the player at a car boot for £15 a few years ago and on Ebay the same one is selling now for £380 with discs!!

HOLA4411

It will only be a matter of time and we will be watching movies in super high definition in real time as they come across the internet. In not too many years I will be surprised to see much media (e.g. cd's, dvd's) about as they will all be made obsolete. People will just download to hard disk keep for a few days or when the life of the download expires this will be true for audio as is it happening already.

I am amazed why we need more space on dvd's. I rarely bother with the extra crap anyway! Also using MPEG4 - movies can be the same quality as dvd but only occupy 700mb of data and fit onto a normal CD!!

Old technology will probably be worth something in 30 years time to collectors. Keep your players and media - old vinyl, cd's etc. Perhaps I should sell my laserdisc player and discs now? The crazy thing is I bought the player at a car boot for £15 a few years ago and on Ebay the same one is selling now for £380 with discs!!

Bang on. As soon as South Korean uber bandwidths hit our shores all you will need is a wireless home network and you will soon be ble to watch any TV ever made, whenever you want, anywhere in you home.

HOLA4412

Bang on. As soon as South Korean uber bandwidths hit our shores all you will need is a wireless home network and you will soon be ble to watch any TV ever made, whenever you want, anywhere in you home.

Can't wait to watch all 350 episodes of Location, Location, Location back to back... talk about cruel and unusual punishment!

HOLA4413

DVD's will be obsolete by 2010

Superseded, but not obsolete. Both Blu-ray and HD-DVD players are backwards compatible.

It will only be a matter of time and we will be watching movies in super high definition in real time as they come across the internet.

If you have the bandwidth you can already watch High Definition 'Movie Trailers':

http://www.apple.com/trailers/

HOLA4414

Never been to Japan??

Melons (admittedly not watermelons) can easily cost 10000 Yen or more (ie 50 pounds) !! They are available in all the big department stores in special packaging as gifts especially before New Year and other holiday periods.

As always Japan leads the way :lol: