• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Would she accept a quadruple X offer? We all have a price.

Who knows, it`s her main livelihood (although she does own countless freehold buildings converted into flats around B`head park that she has bought over the past 15 years) and she is very good at what she does and appears to enjoy it. My understanding is that the place makes a very healthy profit...

HOLA446

It was funny to see our old local, tickets only, sat barren and empty, sandwiches untouched, DJ having a pint at bar, alone. What could have been their busiest night of the year in ruins. Its serves them right, but thats another story.

I recall that Millenium Eve was astonishingly quiet virtually everywhere I went that night - there is a story attached to this but I'll save that for my memoirs.

Nonetheless, you'd think that people in the trade would have enough experience of NYE to know that 25 sheets entry tax is gonna put most people off.

(Kaiser Chiefs were great)

please don't start that on here. I am becoming infamous for my two current bugbears that are turning me into something of a bore/amusing lunatic to be baited as far as my friends are concerned.

House prices and the success of that band are guaranteed to upset me. The two in the same place - how will I cope!! :blink::D

HOLA447

It was funny to see our old local, tickets only, sat barren and empty, sandwiches untouched, DJ having a pint at bar, alone. What could have been their busiest night of the year in ruins. Its serves them right, but thats another story.

A friend of mine in the business was giving customers free entry, all drinks free and free public transport ticket (both ways) on NYE for regular customers. They just took the contact details of randomly selected customers during the year and sent them tickets in Decemer. Worked quite well I'm told and patron numbers went up noticeably the next year as people realised they had to be there during the year to get tickets for NYE. Seemed to be a good way to boost business during the year and kept the customers happy too.