Three Score Years And Ten

Frank Hovis

HOLA441
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

Are you only living to ten then? I don't think you'd have got to drink many cocktails.

Many of my family survived the War. Something I hope I never see.`A War that is, not the family. :wacko:

HOLA444

For those you choose an age before modern dentistry - you deserve everything you get - including abscesses

For all of today's faults, living in the first world as a pleb - which is pretty much everyone on this forum, all I have to do is quote Harold MacMillian's "You've never had it so good"

A sure sign of rose-tinted specs for the present. Some things are better now, but by no means all.

Go back long enough and dental issues were largely a problem for the wealthy (because they were the only ones who could afford lots of sweet stuff, and they really overindulged on it).

HOLA445

Many of my family survived the War. Something I hope I never see.`A War that is, not the family. :wacko:

That's the real killer for wanting to go back to the 20s / 30s and is why I think it's interesting to separate out life in general at a particular time to the political situation that might drag it down massively (after all one good thing about now is that the threat of nuclear war doesn't feel massive, which would probably have put somthing of a damper to living in the 60s).

Archived