House Price Crash Forum

Halifax - Uk Prices Fall By 0.2 Per Cent In November

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

hussah!

i'm looking forward to the smug getting their faces ripped off much more than actually buying a home now!

I'm split with that one. It is deserved in many instances. To want them to feel the consequences more than you want opportunity for much better housing value for the young.. future generations, yourself, is, not balanced imo.

In a Real HPC, very few will on the HPI massive side would accept their part in it (HPI) and they will paint themselves innocent for decades, to the very end, if they spill any HPI. Others will also do the same on their behalf, seeking reflation/bailouts/victimhood. Although it (HPC) should really hard felt by the HPIers to help prevent any future such mega-hpi bubbles and HPI worship. To prevent future societally destructive bubbles repeats for decades. Lock down on that.

Stick with the more positive hope imo - buying a home at much better value in a hard (prime-side) HPC - the HPIers still get the outcome you want with that.

Think it was Exiled Canadian who explained that he could have chosen to ride the HPI/BTL, but recoiled from it (unhappy with such speculative profiteering at cost of younger generations), for he prefers win-win open markets.

If and when we get some HPC, it may force more BTLers to look and understand themselves, if they get caught out and incurring big 'wealth' losses from the housing market.

Some will not be able to accept the part they had in it from their actions. They project themselves as do-good now / service. Perhaps they would see things differently with a change of the market, but I doubt it very much.

I am much more concerned (by way of hope) for future generations having better house-price opportunity though, than expecting any wider self-acceptance culpability from the HPIers and BTLers.

HOLA444

In a Real HPC, very few will on the HPI massive side would accept their part in it (HPI) and they will paint themselves innocent for decades, to the very end, if they spill any HPI. Others will also do the same on their behalf, seeking reflation/bailouts/victimhood. Although it (HPC) should really hard felt by the HPIers to help prevent any future such mega-hpi bubbles and HPI worship. To prevent future societally destructive bubbles repeats for decades. Lock down on that.

Is this a quote from the original King James bible?

HOLA445

The selection of your LL posts I looked at the other day, for me, are totally riddled with entitlement assumptions that I look forward to seeing smashed.

OK, you appear to be arguing the point that introducing a tax on the supply of a good or service (in this case rental accomodation) will actually reduce it's price.

I think that we agree that the tax may have the effect of landlords selling their property and therefore there are less properties available for rent. A shortage of supply of rental properties will surely mean that rental prices will be higher (ceteris paribus).

Of course some of these properties will be purchased by those who were previously renting but as there is presently a waiting list of 5 million for social housing, I think it's reasonable to assume that rents may be higher.

Rent price goes up, rent price goes up, rent price goes up. Economist BTLer.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/207531-dangerous-rented-properties-should-the-local-council-get-power-to-confiscate/?p=1102842453

Well I suggest you maintain a void until tenants worthy of your landlord stewardship come along.

Don't let the door of the repo courts hit your **** on the way out.

Edited by Venger

HOLA446
HOLA447

So you get your relief from watching clips of serial killers in action?

Dexter is a good show; I've got the box-set (S1-S5) - no; it's just entertainment. The stress-relief was challenging your position the other day.

I think the housing market is teetering on the brink of falls but I will not simply sell up as I'm in it for the long-term and could not bring myself to evict someone or a family on this basis. I haven't had a change in tenancy for over 2 years and keep my rents much lower than current market rates. And yes I do declare my income!

HOLA448

So you have now edited your previous post where you mentioned that you got relief from watching Dexter and a bit where he kills a redneck? You are one sad individual who is very quick to make historic quotes from this website to randomly support your arguments.

Ultimately no one really gives a flying one about anything you or I type but you are something else. Go away with your threats and grow up.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

No, your original post explicitly implied that you had a fantasy linked to you killing someone.

It was an association of frustration towards BTLers in general. That I will be relived when they get found out by a brutal HPC.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

You've taken me out of context, or interpreted that post in a way I did not intend, and if you inferred a personal threat I apologise, for absolutely not intended.

The association I made was Dexter's frustration and wanting to see BTLer expectations smashed.

Please note; I've connected Dexter to all BTLers in the past.

The market equivalent of Dexter (code), is coming for many of them now... stalking along.

See West Brom ect. Some of them will end up with no properties, including that woman on BBC News who used to have a £4m portfolio and now renting.

For Dexter (TV show) fans, if Osborne was channelling his inner Sergeant Doakes.. it's almost like he's saying this with his Budget to each and every overleveraged BTLer/Consent To Let'r with their forever HPI, population-growth hpi hpi entitlement, and their 'we really care about where people will live' with their £1m-£10m property empires.

Sergeant Doakes (from Dexter) -

Makes sense to me.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

I associated Dexter to wider BTLer thinking/logic and future market correction, as I have done in the past, and relief when BTLers come a cropper in general.

You edited out a full reply to me the other day, to "I can't be arsed".

Not anything directly personal - come on, please give me a break; I often sound off about the smug BTLers getting in general, and realised you may be sensitive because you're a BTLer.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

You cannot damn a man for anger or his thoughts, only his actions.

Reflective self-censorship is not worthy of damnation.

Edited by phantominvestor

HOLA4422

So what will next months say? another 0.2% fall?

I'm not seeing anything which at all could drive up prices (apart from the last of the most stupid feckless BTL buying). surely the market will keep slipping?

in January we have lots of poor Christmas sales results coming out, more job losses, more stock market falls, FTB waiting for HTB ISA. the sensible BTL getting out (allready seeing signs of this).

The downward pressures are surely finally outweighing the upwards pressures. A few months of steady slow falls could change sentiment and eventually gift us our crash?

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

No, I do not accept your explanation because you edited your post almost immediately. Why would you not leave it and then add the explanation? You clearly meant it.

Just like you meant this, (emphasis added):

I thought I might pay a visit to the sight as actually I believe the market conditions are changing to a point that there may be a downwards turn in prices. Unfortunately it seems that this site is still full of vitriolic piffle.

Source

Also it's site, as in a contraction of website. Bit of a lousy troll play to try to wind up a poster on a low profile thread then keep up the rather unedifying harrying on a thread like this. I'm sure you don't see yourself as trolling. You have your opinions, you post them and then when another poster has the intellect to read your other posting to form a context you find it upsetting, so you switch to ad hominem attacks. When you feel that you've been slighted you then try to make the whole point and purpose of the discussion your views about the other poster.

This is off-topic and disruptive. I'm calling this one early.

Troll_Warning.jpg