House Price Crash Forum

Deutsche Bank: We Can Already See How London's Insane Property Bubble Will End

quilan

HOLA441
HOLA442

It is at the point now where even a 50% fall in asking prices would still not actually see sane prices.

In Cambridge ONE MILLION POUNDS gets you a terraced new build in a not great location

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-55561805.html

I agree. 50% fall would still be expensive in many parts of London. A colleague has a £1 million house, if prices had gone up with inflation since their parents bought it, it would be £60K!

HOLA443

I agree. 50% fall would still be expensive in many parts of London.

Yes. London prices have risen over 40 per cent since the 07 peak, very much at odds with the rest of the country.

But so much of it is foreign money . . . Greeks, Russians, whoever . . . and I don't see any reason for a large exodus of foreigners.

HOLA444

This is a classic bubble.

Watch the herd stampede for the exit when they realise the speculators have sold out. The fact that there is so much laundered money involved makes it worse. I doubt mafia types are too keen on returning to their foreign bosses with a loss !

The Chinese might be forced to sell up to cover margin calls.

Edited by sikejsudjek

HOLA445

Yes. London prices have risen over 40 per cent since the 07 peak, very much at odds with the rest of the country.

But so much of it is foreign money . . . Greeks, Russians, whoever . . . and I don't see any reason for a large exodus of foreigners.

Agree. Friend's work colleague in London just told her that their house - been trying to sell for 2yrs now, but fell through each time due to issues further down the chain - is about to complete. Russian buyer has appeared and the chain is complete...just need to check that his funds can cover it and money is legit ... so no worries there , then. No doubt UK banks, solicitors will turn a blind eye as they all stand to gain (there are 5 houses in the chain).

Depressing for anyone under 40 trying to buy their first place.

HOLA446