House Price Crash Forum

Pre-buget Report - More House Price Boosting Policies?

simon99

HOLA441

I expect today to be another black day for non-homeowners and savers alike, as I've come to expect from this government. Early indications are we'll see more tax breaks for property speculators (REIT's), further expansion of the house price boosting shared ownership schemes, and no backtracking on the disgusting SIPP's tax breaks.

HOLA442

I expect today to be another black day for non-homeowners and savers alike, as I've come to expect from this government. Early indications are we'll see more tax breaks for property speculators (REIT's), further expansion of the house price boosting shared ownership schemes, and no backtracking on the disgusting SIPP's tax breaks.

Simon, I fear you are right. :angry:

HOLA443
HOLA444

Radio FiveLive mentioned that Gordon Brown was intent on taxing the owners of 'land banks' in order to force builders/developers to build new housing in order to help FTBs. Then they mentioned that he is thinking of raising taxes on oil companies and using the revenue to ...... help FTBs.

Seems as if Mr Brown is very concerned about poor little FTBs at the moment. Or it could be that he has realised that the first rung of the property ladder has been kicked away and without it the whole thing is ready to come crashing down. The plan seems to be to create a new rung for FTBs in the guise of 'Affordable housing' (synonym for cheap cardboardy cr@phole next to a motorway/railway or on a floodplain). This won't help FTBs but it could support the market!

I ruddy hope not!

HOLA445

'Helping FTBs'.

With current House Prices, the only way to Help a FTB is to give them loads of free money that neverhas to be paid back ... ever. The Governments definition of helping FTB is helping FTBs believe they are not being fleeced for their entire financial future.

I on the other hand have genuine help for FTBs in the form of advice:

a) Don’t buy now.

B) Emigrate.

Simple.