House Price Crash Forum

Daily Mail Anti-Hb Propaganda

HOLA441

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2654888/They-behaved-like-pack-wild-animals-Landlords-fury-benefits-family-trashes-home-leaving-party-celebrate-new-council-house.html

Count the Daily Mail buzzwords

"This is the shameless trail of destruction left throughout a rented home by a single mother and her family after they learned they were getting a new council house.

The woman and her three children are thought to have celebrated their move at taxpayers' expense by hosting a giant 'leaving party' which wrecked the three-bedroom property where they had been living for two years.
Mr Feeney said: 'I have been renting out properties for over 30 years now and I have definitely seen the state tenants are leaving properties in get worse and worse.
'This lot have behaved no better than a pack of wild animals.
My last tenants smashed up a load of furniture they’d got from social services. It cost me £1,000 to take it to the tip.

Mr Feeney who didn’t take a bond for his property, is now footing a repair bill before he can rent the £400-a-month property out again, but says he will no longer accepts tenants who aren’t working."

Same story:

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/community/community-news/tenants-need-to-behave-like-normal-human-beings-1-6626724

“I had a tenant in a property last weekend, and he created £3,000 of damage by Monday morning. He was disabled and used the radiator to pull himself up, but it came off the wall.
“That flooded the flat because the water was left running and he didn’t tell anyone about it. He just left, and there’s no point in taking him to court because I can’t afford that, and he will end up paying the cost back at £1 a month."
Surely if he was disabled, they should have put in grips to help him stand up?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
They haven't worked hard for anything, so they've no respect

And how hard did he have to work for his HPI!

'Bizarrely they had even left behind expensive electrical items like games consoles. There were toys, old clothes even a stereo system on the floor.

Its just win/win for the LL. I tell you what, how about sell the expensive items to offset the cost of the repair work!

Edited by renting til I die

HOLA448
HOLA449

Didn't he know the risk to renting to 'benefit familys or was he just content to take his government sponserd rent.

A good business man would have a contingency fund for such events.

Maybe it was a present for this nice man and it was all they could afford

Edited by Rain'ard