House Price Crash Forum

Man Attacked In Northampton Over ‘Tenancy Agreement’

TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA441

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/crime/man-attacked-in-northampton-over-tenancy-agreement-1-5653752

"Man attacked in Northampton over ‘tenancy agreement’

Police say a 60-year-old man who was grabbed by his coats and pushed into the road was attacked over a “tenancy agreement”.

I'd like to imagine the argument went something like:

Mortgage Owner: Give me my money.

Tenant: I'm skint

Mortgage Owner: Give me it anyway.

Tenant: I have nothing, I can't even buy my child an i-pad.

Mortgage Owner: But you owe me money and housing is such a good investment, it offers great returns and a decent pension.

Tenant: Really, i think I'll buy a house then, with the governments HTB2 scheme I'll be able to afford one.

Mortgage Owner: Then you will pay me ?

Tenant: No, Ill be even more skint with the upkeep, intreset payments etc etc etc.

Mortgage Owner: That;s it, I'm getting my handbag ready to hit you with first thing tomorrow morning.

Will be interesting to see what happens.

What would happen if you got your landlord locked up for ABH, would you both be non-paying tenants ?

HOLA442

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/crime/man-attacked-in-northampton-over-tenancy-agreement-1-5653752

"Man attacked in Northampton over ‘tenancy agreement’

Police say a 60-year-old man who was grabbed by his coats and pushed into the road was attacked over a “tenancy agreement”.

I'd like to imagine the argument went something like:

Mortgage Owner: Give me my money.

Tenant: I'm skint

Mortgage Owner: Give me it anyway.

Tenant: I have nothing, I can't even buy my child an i-pad.

Mortgage Owner: But you owe me money and housing is such a good investment, it offers great returns and a decent pension.

Tenant: Really, i think I'll buy a house then, with the governments HTB2 scheme I'll be able to afford one.

Mortgage Owner: Then you will pay me ?

Tenant: No, Ill be even more skint with the upkeep, intreset payments etc etc etc.

Mortgage Owner: That;s it, I'm getting my handbag ready to hit you with first thing tomorrow morning.

Will be interesting to see what happens.

What would happen if you got your landlord locked up for ABH, would you both be non-paying tenants ?

If the landlord did attack his tenant, wouldn't it be interesting if the courts awarded the tenant the landlords flat as compensation?

X

HOLA443

If the landlord did attack his tenant, wouldn't it be interesting if the courts awarded the tenant the landlords flat as compensation?

X

Might be the other way round and 'tenant rage' is on the increase with Northampton landlords having to employ security. That area of Northampton ( around the racecourse and off Kettering Road) was festooned with multi lets when I live there 30 odd years ago. Dare say its even worse now which many of the small terraced houses that could be picked up in the 70's for a few k now being divided up.

Back in the late 80's thought we were smart getting out as everyone was letting rooms and the market appeared to be saturating and HPI topping. How wrong we were. Could never have foreseen mass immigration, and an even bigger mega bubble being pumped.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
Guest TheBlueCat

I re-read the article and I think you could be right.

It might well have been an out-raged tenant attacking the landlord.

That was my reading too. Could be anything from the landlord refusing to fix stuff through to the tenant refusing to pay rent and objecting to being evicted.

Archived