House Price Crash Forum

Blockbuster In Administration

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

I was thinking about Blockbuster on-demand....I find Netflix really useful on slower broadband speeds...My broadband can waver up and down, so whereas iplayer would buffer if I'm struggling to get 2 meg, Netflix adjusts the amount the bandwidth it needs...doesn't noticeably effect the quality either...I know that it isn't going to be blu-ray quality anyway...

I find the selection of films on Netflix is terrible. Loads of stinkers.

I tried it for 3 months during Breaking Bad S5 pt. 2 deal, but cancelled. i boycott lovefilm as they stopped renting vid games.

Any other suggestions for online rental ?

On a purely selfish note does this mean I can avoid paying the £1.49 fine I incurred by returning my DVD late yesterday evening?

Sorry mate, it's already been turned into a new asset class called "late return derivative", by the P.E.. owners doing a deal with a hedge fund.

They'll escape corporation tax for the next 10 yrs having bought all of Blockbusters late dvd rights, chopped it up and sold as shares.

HOLA444

I find the selection of films on Netflix is terrible. Loads of stinkers.

I tried it for 3 months during Breaking Bad S5 pt. 2 deal, but cancelled. i boycott lovefilm as they stopped renting vid games.

Any other suggestions for online rental ?

You've got to have Netflix+unblock.us. The selection of films on the Canadian version of Netflix is tip-top :)

HOLA445

You've got to have Netflix+unblock.us. The selection of films on the Canadian version of Netflix is tip-top :)

Thanks, is that more money to rent than the £5.99 or some kind of fiddle / code ?

Edit: ok it got it , ta

http://www.unblock-us.com/

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

HOLA446

Thanks, is that more money to rent than the £5.99 or some kind of fiddle / code ?

Edit: ok it got it , ta

http://www.unblock-us.com/

It does make it slightly more expensive, but as a service it's great. The funny thing is it's not a common or garden proxy service and last time I looked no one knows exactly how it works.

Apparently it only verifies your location in the authentication step, so you always get your full bandwidth rather than relying on a proxy. And not only that you can link it with your PC and select your region and the next time you watch Netflix on any device *poof* as if by magic you're watching another region.

Very clever. And very off-topic - the reason why the government will never stop piracy. There's always a student in his bedroom breaking stuff for fun.