House Price Crash Forum

Could Thousands Of Brits

Guest Charlie The Tramp

HOLA441
Guest Charlie The Tramp

Properties built without planning permission are being bulldozed

Spanish Authorities decision and actions not generally reported in the UK.

Brits still buying while unaware.

Owners have to pay for the demolition and will have their land seized if they fail to pay.

One hundred and fifty thousand illegally built homes.

Could be a lot of distressed expats returning to be temporary rehoused by LAs.

Was that 100k MEW to buy really worth it ?

Spanish Dream About To Be Shattered

The increasing demand among Britons for second and retirement homes in Spain has helped to fuel an epidemic of illegal construction on the Costas. In Alicante province alone, where the British victims of the latest alleged fraud live, there are 150,000 illegally built houses, according to the province’s territory department.
By accepting the developers’ own lawyers, rather than hiring independent legal experts, buyers were prevented from learning that the development was illegal.

HOLA442

Yeah I saw this. One of the people interviewed in the progamme thought that several hundred thousand homes in Spain were built without planning permission. The Spanish authorities are now clamping down, actually getting demolition orders and sending the bulldozers. The interviewed lawyer said that 25% of Britons buying in Spain do so without seeking independent legal advice. In one case, the local council put up red signs around a construction site warning potential buyers that the properties were built without planning permission. Needless to say, the daft British buyers walked straight past thoe signs not knowing what they said in Spanish.

I have no sympathy with these people. If they are stupid enough to buy in a foreign country without legal advice, then that's their loss. Some of the people on the programme were whinging that they had lost their life saving they had worked so hard for. As if the profit from selling their UK home amounted to "savings". They were just lucky to be caught in a UK housing bubble, but blew their profits on a dodgy investment in Spain.

HOLA443

Everybody must be watching Children in Need.

Saw it, I thought the solicitor sumed it up pretty well, saying that the Spanish government have been saying for years that the were going to clamp down on illegal plots/houses.

Quite funny that they have to pay for the demolition and if they refuse they reposses the plot to pay for the cost.

Serves em right I say.

HOLA444

i saw a bit of it. ha ha.

what ?

how could i be so cruel ?

i think how did they afford to get there ?

easy, they bought a simple home and fleeced some idiot ftb in 2002 probably.

back to reality - oop there goes gravity.....

back to the old uk with the 34k you actually put into that 160k terrace you sold.

these boomers. just cos they get away with walking all over the others in this country with their inflated selling prices, think they can just walk into any other country and do the same. their property mad.

i wasnt moved at all. they didnt cry for the fool who funded it buying their tin pot homes.

they dont like being ripped off on property do they ? now thats a suprise.

HOLA445

what ?

back to the old uk with the 34k you actually put into that 160k terrace you sold.

these boomers. just cos they get away with walking all over the others in this country with their inflated selling prices, think they can just walk into any other country and do the same. their property mad.

i wasnt moved at all. they didnt cry for the fool who funded it buying their tin pot homes.

RFD, your bitterness knows no bounds.

"Fleeced some FTB" in 2002??? Yet elsewhere on this forum, FTB's who bought at these prices are boneheads, it's their own fault etc., etc.

If you were away to live somewhere else and someone offered you massively more than you paid for your house, would you really turn it down??

Don't act the martyr, it makes you sound like a communist.................

HOLA446
If you were away to live somewhere else and someone offered you massively more than you paid for your house, would you really turn it down??

no i would not. id take it. though if my next step was to then lose it iall n some failed property project the last thing id do is cry on trevor mcdonald for my money back.

what comes around goes around.

it wasnt their money in the first place. not like they lost a lifetimes work of a pension.

easy come - easy go.

HOLA447

no i would not. id take it. though if my next step was to then lose it iall n some failed property project the last thing id do is cry on trevor mcdonald for my money back.

what comes around goes around.

it wasnt their money in the first place. not like they lost a lifetimes work of a pension.

easy come - easy go.

Nah, you'd probably go on a forum like this and bleat about how life's so unfair!!!!!

HOLA448

I have some sympathy for the people who got fleeced by Spanish Buiders and agents. After all the EU money Spain has received you would expect the authorities to take a more balanced view on shemes which set out to rip off British ex pats.

I don't blame them for moving to Spain in fact I may well take my family out of this country in the next 10-15 years, who wants to be taxed to the hilt supporting the older generation and paying for bloated public sector pensions in the knowledge that those comming through will be unable or unwilling to do the same for you.

Edited by Riser

HOLA449
Nah, you'd probably go on a forum like this and bleat about how life's so unfair!!!!!

you might not think it fair, buts its justified.

i think its poetic justice.

and the bonus is, they have to return to the uk and face insane prices for feeble houses.

they are pensioers faced with an ftbs choice like me.

no - they dont like it up em'

ha hahah

HOLA4410

and the bonus is, they have to return to the uk and face insane prices for feeble houses.

ha hahah

OK then Fred, it's ok to laugh at others misfortune.

OK, I make shitloads of cash, house paid off bought it low as well, happily married and my new Porsche (Paid Cash) get's delivered next month.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

They don't like it up em......................

Edited by kevino

HOLA4411
OK then Fred, it's ok to laugh at others misfortune.

OK, I make shitloads of cash, house paid off, happily married and my new Porsche get's delivered next month.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

look, they almost stole the money to buy the villa from house price extortion.

they had no business trying to live in a huge villa in spain, when in england they were possibly blue collar workers. these people think they are savvy enough to retire in a giant villa. they havent really done anything other than work and ordinary job for 30 years in the uk, buy a small family home - then sell it for 3-4 times its real worth because they could. of course market forces are not their fault. but you can guarantee they took the money and you can guarantee they vote for gordon.

id shed more tears for the poor saps that bought their old property in the uk.

anyway, welcome back to the uk guys. your old house if you want it is 19x your pension.

hee hee.....welcome to the jungle you created.

not very pleasant is it ?

HOLA4412

ha hahah

The lunatic hard core fringe on here are right up there with the animal rights nutters.........................

Just like the unfortunate soul who blamed the fact his girlfriend fell pregnant and she had to have an abortion on HPI and Gordon Brown!!!!!

Let me give you a tip people, the only 100% form of contraception is abstention. If you're adult enough to do the deed, make sure you know what the potential consequences are.

Sometimes life is hard, get over it, don't bleat and Blame Brown/Blair/Kirsty/Phil/The Gunman on the Grassy Knoll..........................................

HOLA4413
The lunatic hard core fringe on here are right up there with the animal rights nutters.........................

hya

Just like the unfortunate soul who blamed the fact his girlfriend fell pregnant and she had to have an abortion on HPI and Gordon Brown!!!!!

you try having a family in a bedsit.

Let me give you a tip people, the only 100% form of contraception is abstention. If you're adult enough to do the deed, make sure you know what the potential consequences are.

concequences of ramping out the young is that the young no longer care for you.

Sometimes life is hard, get over it, don't bleat and Blame Brown/Blair/Kirsty/Phil/The Gunman on the Grassy Knoll..........................................

these pensioners are bleating to trevor mcdonald.

HOLA4414

look, they almost stole the money to buy the villa from house price extortion.

they had no business trying to live in a huge villa in spain, when in england they were possibly blue collar workers. these people think they are savvy enough to retire in a giant villa. they havent really done anything other than work and ordinary job for 30 years in the uk, buy a small family home - then sell it for 3-4 times its real worth because they could. of course market forces are not their fault. but you can guarantee they took the money and you can guarantee they vote for gordon.

id shed more tears for the poor saps that bought their old property in the uk.

anyway, welcome back to the uk guys. your old house if you want it is 19x your pension.

hee hee.....welcome to the jungle you created.

not very pleasant is it ?

OK, can you not see the hypocrisy in the statement????

So if the market has driven prices (whether or not Gordon/VI's etc., have given a helping hand) up. They have no right to buy a Villa because they are "blue collar worker" (The snoobbishness!!!!!!!!! Who are you??? Royalty, aristocracy), what then gives you the divine right to own a home????

Go and look at Dr Bubb's psychadelic graphs for a while, might chill you out............. Most of you have been doing it for 3 years or so to no avail, when a lot of the UK has got on with their lives and guess what, a lot of them are homeowners who actually might not be fooked if the market crashes, and might be in a better position than you!!!!!!!!

HOLA4415
OK, can you not see the hypocrisy in the statement????

not really, just parallels.

So if the market has driven prices (whether or not Gordon/VI's etc., have given a helping hand) up. They have no right to buy a Villa because they are "blue collar worker" (The snoobbishness!!!!!!!!! Who are you??? Royalty, aristocracy), what then gives you the divine right to own a home????

a basic affordable home in wogan is a lot different to a swimming pool and villa. im looking for some shelter. these people are living like millionaires off the backs of the young that had to pay them mega dollar for a small home. they profiteered from the young and then lost it on a gamble in spain. and you ask for my sympathy ?

Go and look at Dr Bubb's psychadelic graphs for a while, might chill you out............. Most of you have been doing it for 3 years or so to no avail, when a lot of the UK has got on with their lives and guess what, a lot of them are homeowners who actually might not be fooked if the market crashes, and might be in a better position than you!!!!!!!!

a bull can NEVER NEVER justify 300% inflation. no matter what the angle. its always what is is - SHEER GREED.

HOLA4416

hya

you try having a family in a bedsit.

I wouldn't try to have a family in bedsit, but if I was having sex with a woman in one (as opposed to in my home with the missus....), I'd be aware it was a possibility................ If I was so sure I didn't want one, I guess I'd have to stick to "Cunning linguistics"

You also say that these people practically "stole the money" be selling when prices were at the peak and cashing in.

So what does that make the smug STR crowd on here??????

B)

Edited by kevino

HOLA4417
I wouldn't try to have a family in bedsit, but if I was having sex with a woman in one (as opposed to in my home with the missus....), I'd be aware it was a possibility................ If I was so sure I didn't want one, I guess I'd have to stick to "Cunning linguistics"

You also say that these people practically "stole the money" be selling when prices were at the peak and cashing in.

So what does that make the smug STR crowd on here??????

accidents can happen. plus are you saying because of 'market forces' other people shouldnt be allowed to have children ? what if your high prices dont come back. are they prevented for living a full life thanks to gordon browns non existant housing policies.

as for STR - to be brutally honest. they are the same. only not as confident and much less ignorant. but its still financial theft from the young. and just as responsible for all the new bad things we now see in our society.

like me laughing at the mosfortunes of the old.

im changing. getting more aggressive and less feeling towards others.

its not by design - its a response to be screwed by the rest of the country.

you gotta fight your own corner and screw everyone else. this is britain today.

i hope you happy with your generations work.

HOLA4418

not really, just parallels.

a basic affordable home in wogan is a lot different to a swimming pool and villa. im looking for some shelter. these people are living like millionaires off the backs of the young that had to pay them mega dollar for a small home. they profiteered from the young and then lost it on a gamble in spain. and you ask for my sympathy ?

a bull can NEVER NEVER justify 300% inflation. no matter what the angle. its always what is is - SHEER GREED.

1/ Are you homeless???

2/Don't assume I'm a bull. I believe prices will fall but will not put my life on hold waiting for it!!!!

HOLA4419

what ?

boomers:

their parents generations faught and died for their freedom during WW2

Showed levels of self sacrifice that songs should be written about..

Now pensioners their children, the boomers.. have left their parents on the poverty line..

then the boomers turn their attention to their children..

although Mr and Mrs boomer had their education paid for.. best make their children pay.

and then the list goes on..

If you were to judge a generation, judge them by how they treat their parents first and their children second.

I hope that everyone who has bought in spain looses it all..

and then I hope the spanish will be able to start to afford their own homes again..

We really are scum as a country..

HOLA4420

1/ Are you homeless???

im having to live 40 miles from the rest of my family. no ther reason except prices in crap town where my family live rocketed. HAs are too full for a worker and theres no coincil housing. just parasitic BTL at crazy rents, or houses that when checked on nethouseprices.net have tripled in two years.

2/Don't assume I'm a bull. I believe prices will fall but will not put my life on hold waiting for it!!!!

your probably either renting off relatives, in HA or council accomadation, or already own a modest house and cant trade up as you hoped.?

i cant see you being a genuine ftb none str housing bear.

though i maybe wrong.

suprise me ?

HOLA4421

im having to live 40 miles from the rest of my family. no ther reason except prices in crap town where my family live rocketed. HAs are too full for a worker and theres no coincil housing. just parasitic BTL at crazy rents, or houses that when checked on nethouseprices.net have tripled in two years.

your probably either renting off relatives, in HA or council accomadation, or already own a modest house and cant trade up as you hoped.?

though i maybe wrong.

suprise me ?

Okay, prices are not heading up, they are driffting down..

It might take three years from now for a full price alteration..

but... what price freedom?

smaller the debt the better

HOLA4422

though i maybe wrong.

suprise me ?

28 yr old, Married, one Child. Bought Three bed Semi for 78K, with 69K Mortgage (Salary was 48K at time). Mortgage is paid off. Salary now 78K. Could easily move up and afford it if I want to, but I don't need to and won't waste money. House is "valued" at around 160K at present, but I know that's a bonehead EA's opinion so let's say 100 K (37.5 % Drop). So I've got a 100 K house rent free and saving 2K a month.

Nil Credit Card debt, cars paid for by saving.....................

Indulge me with your circumstances Mr "Cocky I know (not very much about me) it all"????

HOLA4423

You have no proof of that. I have lost fortunes in my time trading. I'm just fortunate enough to have made fortunes too. The only time I have spoken about losses was when I warned property investors the same could happen to them. Naturally they resolutely decided to ignore my warnings, choosing instead to believe prices can only ever go up.

Salary now 78K... So I've got a 100 K house

Nil Credit Card debt, cars paid for by saving.....................

I'd say you represent 1/60,000,000th of the population. I don't think folks are much interested in your circumstances.

HOLA4424

You have no proof of that. I have lost fortunes in my time trading. I'm just fortunate enough to have made fortunes too. The only time I have spoken about losses was when I warned property investors the same could happen to them. Naturally they resolutely decided to ignore my warnings, choosing instead to believe prices can only ever go up.

Quote was directed at RFD, not you and besides, it was a supposition, not a statement of fact..........................

HOLA4425

RSF,

I seriously hope you don't get on TV or protest anywhere in front of a camera, the utter rubbish you spout is likely to make anyone who hears you completly discount your opinions and buy more property. I really think you would fit in better in a centrally planned economy like Cuba or China.

I noticed you have 3,500 odd posts on this site. How many hours have you spent here? How much money could you have earned in that time?

I think a lot of us here think the market will fall, hope the market will fall, think it will be good for the country if the market falls, think it is inevitable the market will fall and hold some government decisions as partly responsbile for the state of the market. However taking the victim mentality is rediculous. Either improve your own life situation or go somewhere else.