House Price Crash Forum

M.o.t. Price Crash

HOLA441

Perhaps it is worth avoiding Kwik-Fit if you're in Bristol. I just read in the Mirror that a branch there let someone drive off without tightening any of his wheel nuts. To their credit they did realise the mistake, rang the driver and got him to drive back at 10 mph, as well as offering a free MOT for the inconvenience.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Kwik Fit are very variable! Sometimes they are a full garage with good mechanics, and sometimes (probably more in urban areas) they are just a tyre and shocks shop!

The Kwick-Fits in Dyce and Stockport get my "thumbs up"! My current local one couldn't provide four tyres in the right size after a week, so I went elsewhere... :(

HOLA443

Perhaps it is worth avoiding Kwik-Fit if you're in Bristol. I just read in the Mirror that a branch there let someone drive off without tightening any of his wheel nuts. To their credit they did realise the mistake, rang the driver and got him to drive back at 10 mph, as well as offering a free MOT for the inconvenience.

I got my car back from this years MOT with the front left locking wheel nut missing. Tw@ts.

HOLA444

I got my car back from this years MOT with the front left locking wheel nut missing. Tw@ts.

DId you take it to a monkey garage ( I see your avatar)? With wheel nuts missing it should not have got an MOT so they are incompetent! :huh:

HOLA445

I'm standing in National Tyres at the moment, waiting for them to replace my old oil filter with a new one. Fifteen minutes ago i had just arrived home after completing an oil service at the very same garage. i decided to pop my head under the car to make sure the filter looked nice and shiny. Good bloody job i did. Truth be told the only reason i didn't do it myself, was because i couldn't buy the Castrol Edge oil for the price they were offering & that included the filter. i'm now wondering if they're going to empty all the oil out & just fill it with the cheap stuff. Now thinking i should have done it myself.