House Price Crash Forum

New Jaguar F Type

R K

HOLA441

Yes, I agree that red is a blatant wink at Ferrari.

But it's not only that - take this Ferrari model for example - is it just me who thinks that both cars could come from the same designer?

Ferrari-California-L.jpg

No, the Ferrari has style as did the E-Type which Enzo Ferrari called "the most beautiful car ever made" when it first came out.

HOLA442

Lyonheart-K-Front-Angle.jpg

A lyonheart K ...an e type inspired design

Oh I say, ding dong!

The red Jag in the OP looks like a bloated, bland poor relation, puffing away with that enormous grille and the oddly placed logo, which should have been placed on the bonnet. All these cars seem to be converging on Vantage styling - because it looks butch, but hardly original now.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

I've come to the conclusion I find it rather good looking. Yes, it does resemble a Ferrari California, but for a lot less money and (I would imagine) hassle.

It's also a huge improvement aesthetically on the previous model.

In fact, the base model looks remarkably reasonable value compared to its rivals.

1 thing I don't like about the front end though is the way shut line on the bumper meets the front wing half way up the wheel arch. I notice it did on the old model too, but it's terribly ugly and ruins what should be a flowing curve around the wheel arch.

• 1 month later...
HOLA446

Archived