House Price Crash Forum

Cameron - What A Phoney

tricksters

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

Cameron will do anything to appease that 25% British twit Clegg to hold on to power. I bet if he had won the Election with a working majority he would not stand such nonsense. :rolleyes:

Don't use the words husband and wife! Coalition's same-sex wedding reforms would axe terms from official documents

'Bride' and 'bridegroom' could even be removed from marriage certificates

A senior MP who defended the institution of marriage has received death threats and hate mail, it emerged last night.

Tory David Burrowes, a ministerial aide to Cabinet Office minister Francis Maude, said he has been sent scores of intimidating emails and messages on social networking sites over his opposition to gay marriage.

Mr Burrowes, a Christian father of six, was forced to pass on the messages to police.

He said he was more worried about the intolerance displayed in the threats than the actual risk to his life.

But the North London MP has had to seek security advice after one website published details of his travel arrangements and urged campaigners to confront him.

‘Since I raised my head above the parapet on this issue I have received a barrage of death threats and hate mail,’ he told the Mail. ‘But I am more concerned about the curtailment of freedom of speech than the actual threats.

This is an example of general hostility, vitriol and hatred which will drive a wedge between people of different views.’

Mr Burrowes said teachers had already confided in him that they feared they would have to promote gay marriage if the Government pushed through the law change.

In an article for the Conservativehome website, Mr Burrowes said he feared the consultation over the proposals would lead to ‘a further erosion of freedom of expression’, adding: ‘I can put up with the intolerance and abuse sent my way for not just supporting marriage but daring to express my view on the subject!

‘But I am concerned for the teacher who feels her conscience constrained by a change in the law when declaring her belief in “traditional” marriage.’

Ministers have tried to placate furious Conservative MPs by offering them a free vote on the issue.

If you are against any proposal you are attacked, free speech has gone but being free from having an opinion not in line with what minorities want you are accused of being whatever word fits.

Freedom Of Thought Is Now banned

HOLA444
HOLA445

If you are against any proposal you are attacked, free speech has gone but being free from having an opinion not in line with what minorities want you are accused of being whatever word fits.

Freedom Of Thought Is Now banned

The interesting bit in that passage:

"Mr Burrowes said teachers had already confided in him that they feared they would have to promote gay marriage if the Government pushed through the law change."

Teachers are there to teach, not promote. A necessary consequence of state education?

Same sex marriage is nonsense. Be free.

HOLA446

The interesting bit in that passage:

"Mr Burrowes said teachers had already confided in him that they feared they would have to promote gay marriage if the Government pushed through the law change."

:blink::o

To be fair, I expect that's very much FSVO "teachers".

Same sexAll marriage is nonsense. Be free.

Corrected for you. Well, I don't begrudge marriage to those who want it, but why can't we have civil partnerships without discrimination, even for (gasp) heterosexual couples? And indeed for anyone else with shared long-term commitments?

Archived