House Price Crash Forum

Care Home Fees - Hiding Assets Is Widespread

juvenal

HOLA441

Unless I have misread (in which I appologise) but as I understand it, you're saying inheritence should be taxed 100%

From my perspective that means I would lose a share of my parents house and the house my grandmother lives in at the moment, when my dad bought it off the council during right to buy in the 80's to stop her being put in an old persons flat.

As it goes, he didn't know its value would go from £25k to £180k

Just to clarify, I rent - at 37 years old with cash in the bank but prices are too over inflated in the south east for me to afford to buy.

At the moment, I need them to fall quite significantly so I can afford to buy WITHOUT counting on people dying to settle my debts - however, if they don't fall I'll have to get in to the market before much longer before banks start blowing me out for a mortgage because I'm past peak earning power - when that happens as distateful as you might find it, I'll need someone in my family to 'pop off' in order for me to stand a chance of paying off my mortgage.

Ideally, over 3 years houses will fall sharply so I only have to take a small loan and I won't need ANYONE to kick the bucket to get me out of my debt - or I could rent for the rest of my life, which I guess you'll find fits well within your principles.

HOLA442

its simple realy, anything over say £1 million confiscate it, this ensures continuity in family buisnesses ect. the money should be spend on catching the super rich, hell it does there inherities no good, most make a wreck of a life pompously ordering hard working , smarter people around while snorting coke off some money hugging bitches ass.

HOLA443

They don't need the money any more - they're dead.

No the ones still alive

Like I said, making people poor is a really sh!t policy - please, explain the upside

A dead person while alive wants me to have their stuff, they say so, the government wants money, they make sh!t up to take it, it makes me poorer than I would have been, how is that a good thing, why would you want that?

HOLA444

its simple realy, anything over say £1 million confiscate it, this ensures continuity in family buisnesses ect. the money should be spend on catching the super rich, hell it does there inherities no good, most make a wreck of a life pompously ordering hard working , smarter people around while snorting coke off some money hugging bitches ass.

cos poor people don´t spunk money away - just ask rupert murdoch - lots of lovely SKY subscriptions - how many stately homes have you seen with SKY dishes?

HOLA445

Like I said, making people poor is a really sh!t policy - please, explain the upside

When everyone's poor we'll all be equal. Except the important people with their government-owned Zil limos on call and government-owned dachas for when they need to get away from their important jobs for a while.