House Price Crash Forum

Too Few Homes For Next Generation

dog

HOLA441
HOLA442

Yvette Cooper, the Housing and Planning Minister, said that the trends showed the urgent need to boost housebuilding. “For the sake of today’s ten-year-olds we need to start planning new homes now. It isn’t fair if people’s chances of owning their own home in the future depends on whether their parents or grandparents were homeowners before them,” she said.

A bit late for the moral indignation isnt it? 'It isnt fair' - ahh, diddums. What about FTB's today, Yvette? How fair is taxbreaks for BTL investors and holiday homes? New Labour is a joke.

Regarding your question D, too expensive in my opinion, but what would I know?

HOLA443

A bit late for the moral indignation isnt it? 'It isnt fair' - ahh, diddums. What about FTB's today, Yvette? How fair is taxbreaks for BTL investors and holiday homes? New Labour is a joke.

Regarding your question D, too expensive in my opinion, but what would I know?

Surely if there wernt enough house prices would still be booming and not dipping the way they are?

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Funny, there seem to be plenty of empty houses round my way (east London). The big 3 storey building opposite me was being squatted up till 2 years ago, when they cleared it out. But then they left it empty for 2 years and so it's just been squatted again. So that's:

* a whole set of homes not available for first time buyers

* a bunch of squatters potentially making life difficult for the neighbours (although to be fair they have been no trouble so far

The neglectful owners of these buildings should be shot in the face. How is it they can go to the trouble of clearing out squatters but not actually do something useful with the property?

:angry:

HOLA447

there was talk earlier from john prescott in manchester 2003, about making derelict and empty properties subject to additional taxes, but i guess it was all talk as new labour then indroduced SIPPS to make it all much worse and much better for investors to buy a property and leave it empty as an investment for 5 years..

look around you - see all the empty homes.?

look around you - see all the empty shops.?

look around you - see all the empty bank accounts.?

this country is being sold/lent out.

dont let the shopping crowds fool you.

they go to town for leisure, but they dont buy much.

ask a shop keep. "plenty looking but none buying" is the norm.

Edited by right_freds_dead

HOLA448

Surely if there wernt enough house prices would still be booming and not dipping the way they are?

Agreed, if you look at my post, I think its 'too expensive'. My point is new labour and its short-sightedness and platitudes. ' It isnt fair ' is the sort of thing I expect from an 8 year old, not a cabinet minister.

They pump the economy with debt and give tax breaks to BTL investors, who frankly should be investing in sectors which increase GDP, not leeching off of people unlucky enough to be on the wrong side of 20%pa inflation in property. Then they have the gall to complain about the social consequences of THEIR economic policy. Joined up government, I wish.

Edited by murpaul

HOLA449

Loads here aswell..

empty new builds.. with no one to buy them and no one to rent them..

We have more houses per head of capita then we have ever had.

and the baby boomers are getting older and there are less of us.

I know we are told that we are not in family units.

but that is because we cannot afford homes.

Then we will be in family units.

most of us want to be..

as soon as I make comments about more homes.. people shout that.. more people want to live on their own..

Rubbish

There are enough.. just people want to pay too much for them now.