House Price Crash Forum

Is This Price Correct?

HOLA441

Our local jeweller (who we've bought sovereigns from in the past) is currently offering early victorian gold sovereigns at £220 each (as of a phone call 10 minutes ago). This seems cheap (by about £20) on today's prices... I'm not an expert on gold by any means, but should I be dashing out any buying this as it seems to be less than average recent market value...

Any advice welcome.... I'm only a small investor trying to get a reasonable return on small investments...

HOLA442

Our local jeweller (who we've bought sovereigns from in the past) is currently offering early victorian gold sovereigns at £220 each (as of a phone call 10 minutes ago). This seems cheap (by about £20) on today's prices... I'm not an expert on gold by any means, but should I be dashing out any buying this as it seems to be less than average recent market value...

Any advice welcome.... I'm only a small investor trying to get a reasonable return on small investments...

Sell GOLD, you'll make more money than buying it now.

HOLA443

I'm buying. Big time.

My brother says sovereigns are going even cheaper in auctions.

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/KWN_DailyWeb.html

Tib

Good luck Gold Ramper. The gold ramping is incredible now. For people on HPC that recognise a housing bubble you seem blind to the fact that GOLD at it's present level is massively over-valued and your desire to either protect your paper money means you'll loose just as much as paper, or your greed to make a fast buck means you will loose everything.

Good luck though, it's your gamble. What we don't need is someone posting on here saying can they save 20 quid on a gold coin, i';m half expecting them to post saying...This is where im selling them....

HOLA444

Good luck Gold Ramper. The gold ramping is incredible now. For people on HPC that recognise a housing bubble you seem blind to the fact that GOLD at it's present level is massively over-valued and your desire to either protect your paper money means you'll loose just as much as paper, or your greed to make a fast buck means you will loose everything.

Good luck though, it's your gamble. What we don't need is someone posting on here saying can they save 20 quid on a gold coin, i';m half expecting them to post saying...This is where im selling them....

It's good to have the perspective of two different opinions.... thank you.

The jeweller in question is buying sovereigns at £190.....

HOLA445

Sorry if I offended you. This is the "Gold and other precious metals" forum. A poster made a query about the price of sovereigns. I responded. If you have sold your gold, or if you never owned any in the first place, might I suggest one of the other forums? Or perhaps you could start a thread about the gold 'bubble'.

Personally, I believe that when I can walk into a corner shop and buy a bottle of wine for £1 and a 10p Mars bar, then it might be time to sell my gold. Meanwhile, I'm buying real money with my paper money. I work in a DIY store. The price rises I'm putting out - several times a year - show an inflation level far higher than what the government says it is. I'm talking multiples. I'm the one scraping the price labels off. Do you know that a bag of multi-finish plaster has gone up 33% in the last 18 months? Is the builder going to absorb those costs, or will they pass it on to the customer? It just cost me £110 to fill my diesel tank. That's most of a week's wages. And it will last me a fortnight. I'm fast approaching the day when I won't be able to afford to get to work. And when that happens, it will happen for millions of us. Wage increases will be inevitable and necessary, and when that happens, businesses will have to put up their prices to accommodate the inflated payroll bill. It's a vicious circle. And it is the result of our government's policy of diluting our fiat currency.

Real bubbles are inflated by debt. Debt pays for them. The dot com bubble. The housing bubble (which we're still in). These were inflated by borrowing.

The gold and silver market are not inflated by debt. If you don't have the cash, you can't buy the gold. Simple. Maybe when I can go into my local bank and get a loan to purchase gold and silver without my bank manager showing me the door, maybe then we'll be in bubble territory. I can't see it happening, can you?

Respect,

Tib

Great post, cant see it happening either. B)

HOLA446

The gold and silver market are not inflated by debt. If you don't have the cash, you can't buy the gold. Simple. Maybe when I can go into my local bank and get a loan to purchase gold and silver without my bank manager showing me the door, maybe then we'll be in bubble territory. I can't see it happening, can you?

Respect,

Tib

Surely you can buy gold by sticking it on your credit card ? B)

Or do the banks put the blockers on this type of purchase........? (I doubt it..)

HOLA447
HOLA448

yes it is cheap for sovs and especially for vics.

If there were no possibility of fluctuation then I would say snap his arm off and take the lot but you have to decide if this is the time to be buying or not.

If you are looking for returns on investment then I would say leave them, gold isnt an investment per se imo, dabbling over short periods without understanding much is like throwing chips on a roulette table.

HOLA449