House Price Crash Forum

Confused.com

Reck B

HOLA441

I used their site to get some research on car insurance recently - i put my details in, got the list of insurers and prices, then bought directly off one of the insurers.

I did this because of their irritating adverts and don't want them earning any commision from me.

i just got a follow up email from them stating;

Remember, you won’t get a cheaper price by going to the insurance provider direct. Plus you won't have to re-enter your details by snapping up one of the deals shown here. And many of the prices shown below are only valid for a few days, so it’s best to be quick.

Which is a lie because I did indeed get it cheaper by buying direct than their offer.

Reck B 1

comparison sites 0

I'm such a rebel.

HOLA442

I used their site to get some research on car insurance recently - i put my details in, got the list of insurers and prices, then bought directly off one of the insurers.

I did this because of their irritating adverts and don't want them earning any commision from me.

i just got a follow up email from them stating;

Which is a lie because I did indeed get it cheaper by buying direct than their offer.

Reck B 1

comparison sites 0

I'm such a rebel.

I'm off now to try the same. thanks for being a trailblazer!

HOLA443

Yep this does work, and if you initially use their click through links it will tell you the account they've set up at the other end and they'll have already filled in the form for you.

Unfortunately, if you don't like Confused, I think it is likely that there is an audit trail that leads back to Confused creating the account so they will probably still get their finders fee.

Still, at least you're not paying for Go Compare's ads which are far worse.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Goddammit, I could have got a quote less than the £450 I paid a few weeks ago. :angry:

Still - less than than the £609 I was quoted for by my former insurers.

Archived