Broken Fan

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

FAO HPC nutritionist department.

Is this any good?

Worth it?

Any alternatives?

Any one I know who's used it, says its good. Its a little pricey mind, any cheaper alternatives

Cheers

BF

It certainly has a good reputation in the fitness industry as it's recommended by just about every nutritionist I follow.

I've never bothered though personally, oily fish or a few fish oil capsuals a day will easily cover any Omega 3 deficiencies and the rest of your fats should be coming from your diet, both saturates and polyunsaturates.

HOLA444

As far as I understand the oil has Omega 6 as well as 3. As the problem for most of us is that we are getting a ratio 3:6 which is too low on 3, I can't see any point in supplementing 6 unless you have a diet free of all fats.

If you are prone to autoimmune conditions in your family, I'd certainly say avoid this as the linoleic acid in 6 is definitely being now associated with some conditions.

I prefer to buy Omega 3 in blister packs, although more expensive, as it keeps it fresher, rancid oil of any type is very bad for you.

HOLA445
HOLA446

FAO HPC nutritionist department.

Is this any good?

Worth it?

Any alternatives?

Any one I know who's used it, says its good. Its a little pricey mind, any cheaper alternatives

Cheers

BF

I can speak for my own experience. I've been a heavy duty (very, very heavy weights) body-builder come powerlifter for over 30 years. In my late 40's now and this autumn I experienced the first signs of joints causing me problems - shoulder rotator cuffs, knees, ankles, wrists & elbows. Lots of cavitation (clicking noises), some stiffness and reduction in range of motion. No sharp pain but I began to worry that this might follow in time. Onset of old age :( As IWantitNow has said, Udo's Choice Oil (and other Udo's enzyme products to help digest the large qty's of proteins eaten) are highly recommended by many in the fitness industry though. Within 2 months all symptoms had gone and synovial fluid in the joints seems to be doing it's job!. Admittedly I have reduced the weight I squat, deadlift & bench press but continue heavy for other exercises so I think the Oil works well for me. Glucasomine, Cod liver oil and various Omega 3 products did diddly-squat for me,

BTW: Good discounts can be obtained by buying mutiple bottles at a time via the internet from fitness supplement supliers rather than health food co.s.

Archived